Privilege Management for Windows 5.6 SR3 Release Notes
September 8, 2020
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0 (required to use Activity Viewer, Power Rules, PowerShell audit scripts, and PowerShell API)
- PowerShell 3.0 (required to use Power Rules, PowerShell audit scripts, and PowerShell API)
- Microsoft SQL Server Compact 4.0 (required on the endpoint that will run the Activity Viewer console)
- McAfee Agent (required if you are installing the Privilege Management client with switch EPOMODE=1)
The executable version of the client package includes all necessary prerequisites (excluding .NET Framework 4.0) and automatically installs them as necessary. If you use the MSI or ZIP package, you must manually install any necessary prerequisites.
- Improved filtering for Content Control rules. Workstyle filters for Content Control are now applied at process start rather than session start; improving performance for users to whom no content rules apply.
- Resolved issue with the number of Prevent Privilege Account Management (PPAM) events being raised per action.
- Resolved issue with the Stop-Process remote PowerShell command. The command can now be elevated to stop processes started by a different user.
- Privilege Management Policy Editor 5.6 (recommended), 5.0+
- Privilege Management ePO Extension 5.6 (recommended), 5.0+
- Privilege Management Console Windows Adapter 2.4 and 1.4+
- McAfee Agent 5.6 (recommended), 5.0+
- McAfee ePO Server 5.10 (recommended), 5.9
- McAfee Endpoint Security (ENS)
- ENS Adaptive Threat Protection (ATP) 10.x with Generic Privilege Escalation Prevention (GPEP) enabled and disabled
- ENS Firewall 10.x
- ENS Threat Prevention 10.x
- ENS Web Control 10.x
- McAfee MOVE Multi-Platform Client
- MOVE AV[Multi-Platform] SVA Manager 220.127.116.11
- MOVE AV[Multi-Platform] Client 18.104.22.168
- MOVE AV[Multi-Platform] License Extension 22.214.171.124
- MOVE AV[Multi-Platform] Offload Scan Server 126.96.36.199
If the version of McAfee MOVE is compatible with the McAfee Agent you are using, then Privilege Management is also compatible. The following McAfee supported versions of the MOVE Multi-Platform Client are compatible with this version of the Privilege Management client. The agentless version of McAfee MOVE is not supported.
Supported Operating Systems:
- Privilege Management/Application Control Support
- Windows 7
- Windows 8 and 8.1
- Windows 10 builds Enterprise 2015 LTSB, Enterprise 2016 LTSB, Enterprise 2019 LTSC, 1709, 1803, 1809, 1903, 1909, 2004
- Windows Server 2008 R2
- Windows Server 2012
- Windows Server 2012 R2
- Windows Server 2016
- Windows Server 2019