Privilege Management for Windows 21.4 Release Notes
July 6, 2021
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0 (required to use Activity Viewer, Power Rules, PowerShell audit scripts, and PowerShell API)
- PowerShell 3.0 (required to use Power Rules, PowerShell audit scripts, and PowerShell API)
- Microsoft SQL Server Compact 4.0 (required on the endpoint that will run the Activity Viewer console)
- McAfee Agent (required if you are installing the Privilege Management client with switch EPOMODE=1)
New Features and Enhancements:
- Policy Editor:
- Improved the usability of messages when using multiple authentication and/or authorization gates,to more clearly inform end users which details they are required to fill in. Additionally, all fields for IdP are now configurable using the Message Text tab.
- Added message type that allows customers to request access to applications and installers not already matched in policy. It opens a ticket directly with an ITSM provider (ServiceNow) and receives a response directly back from the ITSM, enabling the customer to run the application.
- Resolved issue in which processes that were called immediately after login were not correctly elevated. Affected version 5.6.143.
- Resolved issue in which OpenVPN app rule didn't match if the Parent Process Matches criteria was enabled in the rule. Affected version 21.3.
- Privilege Management Policy Editor 21.4 (recommended), 21.3, 5.2+
- Privilege Management ePO Extension 21.1 (recommended), 5.2+
- Privilege Management Console Windows Adapter 21.2 (recommended), 21.1
- BeyondInsight/Password Safe 21.1 (recommended), 7.2
- McAfee Agent 5.7 (recommended), 5.6+
- McAfee ePO Server 5.10 (recommended), 5.9
Supported Operating Systems:
- Windows 10
- LTSB 2015
- LTSB 2016
- LTSC 2019
- Windows 8 / 8.1
- Windows 7
For information about Supported Operating Systems, please see Privilege Management for Windows and Mac: Supported Versions and Operating System Compatibility.