Privilege Management for Mac 5.6 Release Notes
April 21, 2020
New Features and Enhancements:
- Challenge-response improvements:
- Challenge-response codes are now persistent for all application types. For example, launching an application generates a code that will be used every time that application is opened. New codes are generated when new applications are launched.
- The number of entry attempts for a challenge-response code may be set to unlimited or 3 maximum. If a user's number of attempt failures exceeds the limit when it is set to three attempts, a 199 event is generated.
- The retention/authorization period for a successful login can be set to either Once or Forever. Once: The challenge-response is shown every time the app is opened. Forever: If challenge-response is successfully authorized, the message will not be shown on subsequent launches of the application.
- Privilege Management Reporting in BeyondInsight:
- The Privilege Management for Mac client now generates Endpoint Privilege Management events on actions defined in the policy.
- The Privilege Management for Mac adapter now sends these Privilege Management events to BeyondInsight, as well as existing BeyondInsight events, if they are also set to be generated in the policy.
- Resolved an issue in which the same message was output twice for SecurityAgent logging.
- Resolved an issue in which defendpointd Enabling sudo log was incorrectly defined as an error.
- Resolved an issue in which execute-with-privileges caused dppolicyplugin to restart constantly.
- Resolved an issue in which icons for Energy Saver and Users and Groups System Preferences were displayed improperly when Privilege Management for Mac was installed.
- Resolved an issue in which expired but valid certified PKGs failed certification.
- Resolved an issue in which the Publisher field was not populated correctly for packages.
- Resolved an issue that prevented unauthorized applications from communicating with Privilege Management for Mac processes, which could result in bypassed Privilege Management for Mac messages.
- Improved performance by adding delay time when deliberately blocking processes.
- Resolved an issue in which logs for events generated and stored in the BIAdapter folder incorrectly stated that the events were unsupported and deleted.
- Resolved an issue in which relative paths were handled incorrectly.
- Privilege Management Policy Editor 5.6
- Privilege Management ePO Extension 5.6
- Privilege Management Console Adapter 2.4
- BeyondInsight Adapter 5.6
If you have a business requirement to downgrade the Mac client, please first uninstall the currently installed version.
Supported Operating Systems:
- macOS 10.15 Catalina
- macOS 10.14 Mojave
- macOS 10.13 High Sierra