Endpoint Privilege Management for Mac 5.4 Release Notes
June 12, 2019
New Features and Enhancements:
- The software has been rebranded with the new company logo and colors, and some products have been renamed.
- Endpoint Privilege Management for Mac integrates with BeyondInsight.
- Core functional improvements have been made to prevent having to pause processes.
- Added computer filters with support for IP ranges and computer name.
- A quick start policy for Mac has been added to the management console.
- Copy and delete application bundles in the Applications directory without receiving authorization prompts.
- Resolved an issue where Steam.app failed certificate validation, causing policy rules not to match.
- When uninstalling Endpoint Privilege Management, com.apple.ServiceManagement.daemons.modify is now correctly restored.
- Resolved an issue where the user could not use Unity mode with VMware Fusion 11 if Endpoint Privilege Management was installed.
- Resolved an issue where lpadmin would fail to complete when run with sudo as root.
- If no license is present on the endpoint, an event is now triggered to show the lack of license.
- Resolved an issue where the username in authorization request message boxes would be incorrectly changed to the UNIX username.
- Resolved an issue where dppolicyplugin could cause SecurityAgent to crash.
- Sudo now successfully runs the "sudo mtr" command.
- Resolved an issue on macOS 10.12 where launching Chrome with the Endpoint Privilege Management for Mac client would cause Chrome not to work.
- Resolved an issue where the adapter would not download a policy when an already existing policy had been deleted.
- Resolved an issue where the uninstall script with an -s argument would not remove all settings.
- Resolved an issue where a valid license would log an error message.
- Resolved an issue where rules targeting com.apple.ServiceManagement.daemons.modify were evaluated last, sometimes resulting in their not being evaluated at all.
- Resolved an issue where Endpoint Privilege Management for Mac would sometimes crash when a blocked application repeatedly attempted to run.
- System Preferences must be closed when installing Endpoint Privilege Management as defaults are written.
- Endpoint Privilege Management Console 4.5 or later.
- Mac Adapter 2.0.28710.0 SR2 and 1.4.29285.0 SR3
If you have a business requirement to downgrade the Mac client, please first uninstall the currently installed version.
Supported Operating Systems:
- macOS 10.12 Sierra
- macOS 10.13 High Sierra
- macOS 10.14 Mojave