Privilege Management for Mac 23.9 Release Notes
October 31, 2023
- Trellix (formerly McAfee) Agent (required if you are installing the Privilege Management client with Trellix)
New Features and Enhancements:
- Updated product icons to reflect new company wide product branding.
- Resolved an issue which caused Privilege Management for Mac dialogs to reject valid user credentials when used with JumpCloud due to a conflict with the libpam API.
- Resolved an issue where applications were requesting NULL authorization requests which caused Privilege Management for Mac to display two dialogs when only one should be shown in System Settings.
- Resolved an issue with the LucidLink application not launching with Privilege Management for Mac installed and valid policy in place.
- Resolved an issue when our component cannot correctly take control of the authorization database because of a custom password policy with a maximum password limit of 16.
- Resolved an issue with not being able to run locate.updatedb on macOS Ventura 13.3.1.
Using Run with Privilege Management for the Console.app in macOS will not work. This is due to changes with macOS which we’ve raised with Apple with a Feedback assistant ticket FB9739423. We are investigating potential solutions.
- Privilege Management Policy Editor 23.9
- Privilege Management ePO Extension 22.7
- Privilege Management Console Adapter 23.9
- BeyondInsight/Password Safe 23.2
- Trellix Agent 5.7
If you have a business requirement to downgrade the Mac client, please first uninstall the currently installed version.
Supported Operating Systems:
- macOS 14 Sonoma
- macOS 13 Ventura
- macOS 12 Monterey
For more information about compatibility, please see Privilege Management for Windows and Mac: Supported Versions and Operating System Compatibility.