Endpoint Privilege Management for Mac 23.7 Release Notes
August 29, 2023
- Trellix (formerly McAfee) Agent (required if you are installing the Privilege Management client with Trellix)
New Features and Enhancements:
- Introduced Program Name, Application Path, Product Version, Publisher and Command Line parameters to the Mac messages.
- Improved the caching feature in Endpoint Privilege Management for Mac by caching AuthOpen macOS events.
- Improved how Privilege Management for Mac handles events sent to PMC by ensuring events are sent to PMC in a timely manner (within 60 seconds).
- Introduced a new tool to aid in the diagnostics of Endpoint Privilege Management for Mac.
- Improved the multifactor authentication messaging within Endpoint Privilege Management for Mac to include the ability to configure Always auth via Azure Active directory and suppress multiple multifactor authentication messages from being shown.
- Resolved an issue which caused Endpoint Privilege Management for Mac dialogs to reject valid user credentials when used with JumpCloud due to a conflict with the libpam API.
- Resolved an issue when using sudo -u or -g command referencing UID or GID respectively would error and not complete.
- Resolved an issue where our component could fail when attempting to install packages with Homebrew like ansible.
- Resolved an issue where Endpoint Privilege Management for Mac would display an invalid challenge code with specifically created bundles like macOS InstantView.app.
Using Run with Privilege Management for the Console.app in macOS will not work. This is due to changes with macOS which we’ve raised with Apple with a Feedback assistant ticket FB9739423. We are investigating potential solutions.
- Endpoint Privilege Management Policy Editor 23.7
- Endpoint Privilege Management ePO Extension 22.7
- Endpoint Privilege Management Console Adapter 23.7
- BeyondInsight/Password Safe 23.1
- Trellix Agent 5.7
If you have a business requirement to downgrade the Mac client, please first uninstall the currently installed version.
Supported Operating Systems:
- macOS 13 Ventura
- macOS 12 Monterey
- macOS 11 Big Sur
For more information about compatibility, please see Privilege Management for Windows and Mac: Supported Versions and Operating System Compatibility.