Privilege Management for Mac 23.5.1 Release Notes
July 20, 2023
- Trellix (formerly McAfee) Agent (required if you are installing the Privilege Management client with Trellix)
New Features and Enhancements:
This is a maintenance release. There are no new features to note.
- Resolved an issue where the _avectodaemon user password rotation was visible to third-party security applications.
- Resolved an issue where authorizations would fail when supplied a specific username and password.
- Resolved an issue where passwords sent from Password Safe with special characters were not being applied correctly to macOS endpoints.
- Resolved an issue where Privilege Management for Mac would prevent users from viewing passwords saved within Chromium browsers (for example, Google Chrome).
- Resolved an issue where users were presented with both native macOS and Privilege Management for Mac dialogs when installing applications that requested a specific right.
- Resolved an issue with the Voiceover app failing to allow user functionality with Apple scripts.
- Privilege Management Policy Editor 23.5
- Privilege Management ePO Extension 22.7
- Privilege Management Console Adapter 23.5
- BeyondInsight/Password Safe 23.1
- Trellix Agent 5.7
If you have a business requirement to downgrade the Mac client, please first uninstall the currently installed version.
Supported Operating Systems:
- macOS 13 Ventura
- macOS 12 Monterey
- macOS 11 Big Sur
For more information about compatibility, please see Privilege Management for Windows and Mac: Supported Versions and Operating System Compatibility.