Privilege Management for Mac 21.6 Release Notes
November 4, 2021
New Features and Enhancements:
- Changed the hash values which we report in audits to SHA-1 hash values so that they are able to be consumed by reputation services like VirusTotal.
- Changed the location of the PMC activation certificate so that only the PMCAdapter can access it. This prevents web browsers from attempting to use the incorrect certificate when accessing the PMC website.
- Changed the hash values which we report in audits to SHA-1 hash values so that they are able to be consumed by reputation services like GTI Integration.
- Added the ability for Password Safe Cloud to be used with any of our management platforms for a Mac endpoint.
- Sudo security enhancements.
- Resolved issue in which macOS 12 beta 4 installers failed due to lack of authorization.
- Resolved issue in which third-party plugin could not be removed from the System Preferences on macOS.
- Resolved error that occurred when installing Remote Desktop Manager.
- Resolved a publisher matching issue that occurred when Exact Match was used.
- Unable to upgrade to Monterey on M1 devices as standard users with a valid policy in place. For a workaround, please see knowledge base article KB0016493 in the BeyondTrustclient portal at https://beyondtrustcorp.service-now.com/csm. A username and password are required to access the client portal.
- On Monterey devices, some Message confirmation buttons have the incorrect styling but still function. A resolution to this issue is expected in Privilege Management for Mac 21.7.
- Privilege Management Policy Editor 21.6
- Privilege Management ePO Extension 21.2
- Privilege Management Cloud Adapter 21.6
- BeyondInsight Adapter 21.6
If you have a business requirement to downgrade the Mac client, please first uninstall the currently installed version.
Supported Operating Systems:
- macOS 12.0 Monterey (limited)
- macOS 11 Big Sur
- macOS 10.15 Catalina
- macOS 10.14 Mojave