Privilege Management Cloud 23.9
October 31, 2023
This release notes document covers the following:
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6.2 (required to use PM Windows adapter)
For more information about Windows or macOS requirements, please see the Privilege Management Release Notes.
New Features and Enhancements:
- Added capability to edit and save multiple policies at the same time. This makes policy editing between policies more user friendly, especially when comparing and copying from one policy to another.
- Updated product icons to reflect new company-wide product branding.
- Enhanced events CSV export options with customizable event views. Simplified notifications with unread markers, individual read status, bulk read, and improved pagination for a better user experience.
- Blank columns on the events and applications CSV export files such as GUID, Versions, and Date Discovered are now populated with the right data that matches with those displayed on the Events and Applications grids.
- Added an All Events column in the Users view. It links directly to a filtered view of all events triggered by that user from specific hosts on the Events grid, streamlining the investigation process and improving user visibility. Also added search as you type functionality to narrow the search as you type a minimum of three characters in the search filter bar of the Users view in Analytics v2.
- Added filters for Adapter Status and Client Status on the Computers and Computer Groups grids. If you are using Package Manager, these filters provide insight into the adapter and client update states.
- To enhance usability, added Publisher as a default column for two application types: Windows Store App (APPX) and Windows Service Control (SVC) in the Applications grid of Analytics v2.
- In Analytics, removed the Admin Required (Windows) and Authorization Required (macOS) optional filters from the Application Details filter bar to provide more accurate insights on the action graph situated on the Application Details page.
- If you are using BeyondTrust Identity Security Insights, you can connect PM Cloud and other BeyondTrust applications, and then switch between applications without needing to re-enter credentials.
- Updated newly branded Privilege Management logo across PM Cloud, Policy Editor, PMfM and PMfW.
- Resolved an issue so column names on grids are always visible, regardless of the size of the column name text.
- Resolved an issue with the All Items Must Match toggle not correctly reflecting the state of the toggle (on or off) affecting the configuration of the WMI Windows workstyle policy.
Privilege Management Cloud
- In Analytics v2, resolved an issue with dataset values for an optional filter not automatically loading when a user loads a saved view.
- Added sorting to the Adapter Status and Client Status columns on the Computers and Computer Groups pages. This is helpful if you are using Package Manager to deploy updates.
- In Analytics v2, resolved an issue with the navigation from the Computers page to the Events page to populate the events for the respective computer in the Events page.
- Resolved an issue that was causing the order of a management rule's conditions to change when the value of a condition was updated. The order of the conditions in the rule criteria is now more predictable and will match on the computers you are expecting.
- Resolved an issue with event ingestion that was causing service health issues.
- Replaced the Group ID with the Group Name in the activity audit logs for management rules.
- Added some stability improvements around event ingestion.
- Resolved an issue that was allowing users to Edit & Lock a policy at the same time.
- PM Reporting Database: 23.9.13
- Web Policy Editor: 23.9.205
- PM Reporting UI: 23.9.52
- Event Collector: 23.9.3
- PM Cloud: 23.9.578
Do not install a new adapter version before you are running a version of Privilege Management Cloud that supports it. Installing an unsupported adapter can result in endpoints that no longer connect. You will be notified before your instance of Privilege Management Cloud is upgraded.
- PM Windows Adapter: Recommended: 23.9.578 | 23.8.515 | 23.7.356 | 23.6.562 | 23.5.516 | 23.4.424 | 23.3.256 | 23.2.506 | 23.1.942.0
- PM MMC snap-in: Recommended: 23.9.225 | 23.7.150 | 23.5.212 | 184.108.40.206 | 23.1.264.0 | 22.9.268.0 | 22.9.243 | 220.127.116.11 | 18.104.22.168 | 22.214.171.124 | 126.96.36.199 | 22.1.95 | 21.7.152 | 21.5.106 | 188.8.131.52 | 21.3.135 | 21.2.98 | 21.1.133
- PM for Windows: Recommended: 23.9.225 | 23.7.150 | 184.108.40.206 | 23.5.212 | 220.127.116.11 | 23.1.259.0 | 22.9.268 | 22.9.243 | 18.104.22.168 | 22.214.171.124 | 126.96.36.199 | 188.8.131.52 | 22.1.95 | 21.7.152 | 21.5.106 | 184.108.40.206 | 21.3.135 | 21.2.98
- PM for macOS: Recommended: 220.127.116.11 | 18.104.22.168 | 22.214.171.124 | 126.96.36.199 | 188.8.131.52 | 184.108.40.206 | 220.127.116.11 | 18.104.22.168 | 22.214.171.124 | 126.96.36.199
- PM macOS Adapter: Recommended: 188.8.131.52 | 184.108.40.206 | 220.127.116.11 | 18.104.22.168 | 22.214.171.124
- PM Rapid Deployment Tool for macOS: Recommended: 126.96.36.199 | 188.8.131.52 | 184.108.40.206 | 220.127.116.11 | 18.104.22.168 | 22.214.171.124 | 126.96.36.199 | 188.8.131.52 | 184.108.40.206 | 220.127.116.11 | 18.104.22.168 | 22.214.171.124
- PM Response Generator for Windows: Recommended: 23.9.225 | 23.7.150 | 23.5.212 | 126.96.36.199 | 23.1.259.0 | 22.9.268.0 | 188.8.131.52 | 184.108.40.206 | 220.127.116.11 | 18.104.22.168 | 22.214.171.124 | 22.1.95
- PM Response Generator for macOS: Recommended: 126.96.36.199 | 188.8.131.52 | 184.108.40.206 | 220.127.116.11 | 18.104.22.168 | 22.214.171.124 | 126.96.36.199 | 188.8.131.52 | 184.108.40.206 | 220.127.116.11
Supported, but Deprecated, Versions
These versions are compatible with PM Cloud, but best avoided. Support for deprecated versions will be removed in the future.
- PM Windows Adapter: 22.9.393.0 | 22.8.396 | 22.7.271 | 22.6.273 | 22.5.144 | 22.4.227 | 22.3.310 | 22.2.584
- PM macOS Adapter: 18.104.22.168 | 22.214.171.124 | 126.96.36.199 | 188.8.131.52 | 184.108.40.206