Privilege Management Cloud 23.6
August 8, 2023
This release notes document covers the following:
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6.2 (required to use PM Windows adapter)
For more information about Windows or macOS requirements, please see the Privilege Management Release Notes.
New Features and Enhancements:
- Added the application detail view into Analytics v2, providing users with trending information about applications. This will assist them in making well-informed decisions regarding policy changes.
- Added endpoint user login information to Analytics v2. This will help users identify and remove unnecessary admin accounts, and encourage operators to prioritize standard user accounts to align with the best practices of least privilege.
- Added Add to Policy functionality for the following application types in Analytics v2: Mac Binary (bin), Windows COM Class (com), Windows Control Panel Applet (cpl), Windows Store App (appx), and Windows Service (svc).
- Made the Privilege Management Capture Config for macOS and the Privilege Management Configuration Profile for macOS available for download in the PM Cloud portal from the Privilege Management Installation page.
- Resolved an issue where users were not being prompted with the You Have Unsaved Changes notification when attempting to navigate away from the policy creation screen after making edits.
- Resolved an issue where the Reporting Options toggle remained active even when Raise a Local Event was set to OFF for Windows and Mac Application Rules, as well as Windows On-Demand App Rules and Content Rules.
- Resolved an issue where an unexpected error occurred when clicking Save & Unlock on a policy, following making edits to application groups or application definitions.
Privilege Management Reporting
- Resolved an issue where the event count between the Summary table for Admin Logons and Events All Logons didn't match.
- Resolved an issue where User Logon events were missing when filtering by User Name and Event Category on Events All.
- Resolved an issue where users weren't able to resize columns on the Events All, Process Detail, and Target Type grids.
Privilege Management Cloud
- Resolved an issue with Analytics v2 grid export functionality where reserved characters were not being properly escaped, resulting in a malformed document.
- Resolved an issue where certain events were unnecessarily being forwarded to SIEM.
- Resolved an issue with session timeouts that was causing PM Cloud to become unresponsive.
New Features and Enhancements:
- Created the Privilege Management Adapter Reset Tool for Windows available for download in the PM Cloud portal from the Adapter Installation page. This tool allows for the factory resetting of Privilege Management for Windows and the Windows adapter so that cloning an endpoint is a cleaner process.
- PM Reporting Database: 23.6.8
- Web Policy Editor: 23.6.93
- PM Reporting UI: 23.6.8
- Event Collector: 23.6.17
- PM Cloud: 23.6.562
Do not install a new adapter version before you are running a version of Privilege Management Cloud that supports it. Installing an unsupported adapter can result in endpoints that no longer connect. You will be notified before your instance of Privilege Management Cloud is upgraded.
- PM Windows Adapter: Recommended: 23.6.562 | 23.5.516 | 23.4.424 | 23.3.256 | 23.2.506 | 23.1.942 | 22.9.393.0 | 22.8.396 | 22.7.271 | 22.6.273 | 22.5.144
- PM MMC snap-in: Recommended: 23.5.212 | 220.127.116.11 | 23.1.264.0 | 22.9.268.0 | 22.9.243 | 18.104.22.168 | 22.214.171.124 | 126.96.36.199 | 188.8.131.52 | 22.1.95 | 21.7.152 | 21.5.106 | 184.108.40.206 | 21.3.135 | 21.2.98 | 21.1.133
- PM for Windows: Recommended: 23.6.76 | 220.127.116.11 | 23.1.259.0 | 22.9.268 | 22.9.243 | 18.104.22.168 | 22.214.171.124 | 126.96.36.199 | 188.8.131.52 | 22.1.95 | 21.7.152 | 21.5.106 | 184.108.40.206 | 21.3.135 | 21.2.98
- PM for macOS: Recommended: 220.127.116.11 | 18.104.22.168 | 22.214.171.124 | 126.96.36.199 | 188.8.131.52 | 184.108.40.206 | 220.127.116.11 | 18.104.22.168
- PM macOS Adapter: Recommended: 22.214.171.124 | 126.96.36.199 | 188.8.131.52 | 184.108.40.206 | 220.127.116.11 | 18.104.22.168
- PM Rapid Deployment Tool for macOS: Recommended: 22.214.171.124 | 126.96.36.199 | 188.8.131.52 | 184.108.40.206 | 220.127.116.11 | 18.104.22.168 | 22.214.171.124 | 126.96.36.199 | 188.8.131.52 | 184.108.40.206
- PM Response Generator for Windows: Recommended: 23.5.212 | 220.127.116.11 | 23.1.259.0 | 22.9.268.0 | 18.104.22.168 | 22.214.171.124 | 126.96.36.199 | 188.8.131.52 | 184.108.40.206 | 22.1.95
- PM Response Generator for macOS: Recommended: 220.127.116.11 | 18.104.22.168 | 22.214.171.124 | 126.96.36.199 | 188.8.131.52 | 184.108.40.206 | 220.127.116.11 | 18.104.22.168
Supported, but Deprecated, Versions
These versions are compatible with PM Cloud, but best avoided. Support for deprecated versions will be removed in the future.
- PM Windows Adapter: 22.5.144 | 22.4.227 | 22.3.310 | 22.2.584 | 21.8.760 | 21.7.634 | 21.6.339
- PM macOS Adapter: 22.214.171.124 | 126.96.36.199 | 188.8.131.52 | 184.108.40.206