PowerBroker for Windows 188.8.131.52 Release Notes
December 8, 2020
New Features and Enhancements:
- Added the option to import policies. This is available in Central Policy mode.
- Added the option to export group policies.
Exporting group policies does not export the ADMX settings. These will need to be reconfigured manually in any new policy.
- The key values (LastRCSServer, LastRCSCertName, LastRCSWorkgroupName) that are needed for a machine to connect to BeyondInsight are now backed up in the following registry location:
Backup values are only created or updated if the value from the policy is not empty and not the default value.
- The logging library has been changed. Due to this change, an empty exception log will be created if older or existing log files are in the folder. To stop the file from being created, the existing log files must be removed from the folder. This log is a false positive and there are no issues linked to its creation.
- Added a policy setting to set a priority list for IP addresses when there are multiple IPs present on an asset.
- Updated the policyupdate format to list policies by their type: Asset or User.
- The user may now manually send a heartbeat event to BeyondInsight. This option has also been added to the command line help menu for policyupdate.
- Added a command line /help and /? switch to policyupdate.exe.
- Added a command line /help and /? switch to generatenewinstallerid.exe.
- Addressed how ports are handled during Active Directory queries.
- Updated the error handling for exceptions to provide more useful information regarding certificates used for BeyondInsight communication.
- Resolved an issue in which the certificate details would not show all certificates with the same name.
- The Owned by Administrator group option now works correctly for Publisher rules.
- Unicode characters are no longer stripped from the file saved by Polmon.
- Resolved an issue with user message language translation when the OS language is set to Portuguese (Brazil).
- Resolved an issue in which tabbing past the cancel button during rule creation led to a blank page.
- Made security enhancements.
- Multifactor configurations now export correctly from GPO policies.
- Resolved issue in which multifactor tile did not show the number of configurations saved.
- The tile now accurately shows the number of rules with Session Monitoring enabled.
- System environment variables in certificate names now resolve when Subject/Issuer are specified.
- Resolved issue in which a Shell Rule created by the Wizard didn't work.
- Track program copies from the rule path now correctly creates a dynamic rule in the registry.
- PowerBroker for Windows 7.8.6 now supports Microsoft Windows 10 2020 H2.