PowerBroker for Windows 18.104.22.168 Release Notes
October 1, 2019
New Features and Enhancements:
- Fully Qualified Domain Name Lookup Method: An option to select the FQDN Method was added to Settings > Troubleshooting. This option enables the configuration of the DNS reporting method to be used for data sent to BeyondInsight. Determine the method to use by running the FQDN Tests Tool in the PowerBroker for Windows Diagnostics application (Tools > Verify FQDN Lookup > Run FQDN Tests) on a workstation running the PowerBroker for Windows Client.
Only modify this setting if incorrect FQDNs are appearing in BeyondInsight for PowerBroker for Windows Clients. Contact support if multiple BeyondTrust products are deployed in your environment.
- Hyper-V and DNS: PowerBroker for Windows now reports the DNS name correctly when the Hyper-V virtual switch is enabled.
- Mac FQDN Method: In the Policy Editor, the PowerBroker for Mac FQDN setting has been moved to the Troubleshooting section to maintain consistency with Windows.
- McAfee ePO Upgrades: The ePO extension now supports upgrades from McAfee ePO 5.3 to 5.10.
- Central Policy Removal: Resolved an issue when a PowerBroker for Windows Policy is removed. The policy now displays correctly in BeyondInsight.
A hotfix is required for BeyondInsight 6.9.
- File Integrity Check: Resolved an issue that caused a rule to not apply and "File Integrity Check Failed" to be shown in polmon.
- User Messages: Resolved an issue with global user messages. Global user messages are now removed correctly when a policy is removed via Central Policy.
- Shell Rule: Resolved an issue with the Browse Files and Processes option for a Shell Rule. The option now allows supported file types to be selected. The supported file types are:
- Batch File (*.bat)
- Microsoft Management Console Snap-in (*.msc)
- Windows File Shortcut (*.lnk)
- Windows Command File (*.cmd)
- Windows Control Panel Item (*.cpl)
- VBScript File (*.vbs)
- Windows Script File (*.wsf)
- Windows PowerShell Cmdlet File (*.ps1)
- Windows Installer Package (*.msi, *.msp, *.msu)
- Shell Rule: Resolved an issue with Shell Rules. Shell Rules now apply correctly when there is an asterisk (*) in the path name.
- Client Installer (32-bit): Resolved an issue with the 32-bit client installer. The installer no longer fails during upgrades.
- Templates (Clock): Resolved an issue with the template path rule for the Taskbar clock. The Rule Library will be updated in a future release.
PowerBroker for Windows 22.214.171.124 is compatible with the following:
- Microsoft Windows 10 update version 19H2 (1909) build 18363
- PowerBroker ePO Extension 5.9.1 and 5.10.0
- McAfee Agent 126.96.36.199