Workforce Passwords Browser Extension 188.8.131.52 Release Notes
October 17, 2023
Requires BeyondTrust Password Safe version 23.2.0 or later release.
For more information, please see at https://www.beyondtrust.com/docs/beyondinsight-password-safe/ps/supported-platforms/index.htm.
New Features and Enhancements:
This is a maintenance release. There are no new features to note.
- Resolved an issue where autofill of username and/or password was not working on various websites. Improvements were made to determine the appropriate fields for autofill for these sites. Now autofill works as expected.
- Resolved an issue where if a user had thousands of secrets, the icons for autofill took some time to appear on the website where they were required. Changes were made to improve the performance of initial extension load to show the icons in a more timely manner, regardless of the number of secrets. Now there is no delay in showing the icons even if the user has a large number of secrets.
- Resolved an issue where there was not a 1:1 relationship of secret retrieval to user audits. Changes were made to improve auditing of credential data retrieval, and now there is a 1:1 relationship of secret retrieval to user audits.
- Resolved an issue where users searching within a large number of secrets could take some time, but the user did not see any indication in the user interface that a search was taking place. Visual representation was added to the search action taking place so that now the user has feedback about it.
- Resolved an issue where search input was causing problems in the user interface while credential synchronization was occurring. Previously, the search input remained populated after a credential sync, even though no search was taking place at that time. The search input is now cleared after synchronizing credentials to more accurately reflect the current status of the user’s searching activity.
- Resolved an issue where session expiration sometimes happened unexpectedly when the user interacted with the extension popup. Improved management of the session lifespan so that now the session is routinely validated and quietly ended when appropriate.
- Minor user interface updates were made as follows:
- Improved placement of inline menu trigger in form elements, which resolved multiple issues where the B icon could appear in the wrong place.
- Ensured inline menu always appears over the top of page contents when opened. This resolved issues where form elements appeared inside containers whose overflow properties prevented the inline menu from being seen/used.
- Updated the user experience and formatting of the browser extension options user interface to more closely resemble the Password Safe options user interface.
There are no known issues in this release.
Issues discovered after release can be found within our product Knowledge Base.
- Workforce Passwords is an add-on product which leverages the power of BeyondTrust Password Safe 23.2 or later release.
- This release is available in the Chrome Web Store and the (https://microsoftedge.microsoft.com/addons/Microsoft-Edge-Extensions-Home).