AD Bridge 22.2 Release Notes
June 30, 2022
New Features and Enhancements:
- Elasticsearch integration now uses ECS common fields for better integration. A conversion tool is available to convert v22.1.0 indexes to the 22.2.0 ECS indexes. Please contact BeyondTrust Support if you have used Elasticsearch with Privilege Management for Unix & Linux or AD Bridge v22.1.0.
- Added GPO to enable and configure DC authentication across the domain. In addition, there is a new report to view any failed DC authentication attempts from an endpoint.
- Customers now have the option to scrub information from the support pack data gathered on their systems. A new option, scrubdata, has been added to find entries listed in /opt/pbis/libexec/scrubdata.txt and replace them. This file is composed of two tab-separated columns. The first column is the key customer data and the second is the mapped value the customer would like it to be.
- Customers can now allow setting the computer password during offline join. This is usable with the new --password option.
- Solaris SMF integration: if lwsmd is stopped or started, svcadm is used to enable or disable the server. This addresses issues of the lwsmd going into maintenance state in high load scenarios.
- In v10.1 we added a dependency for krb5 in both lsass and nsswitch. This is not needed as the library is transitive. A few issues were addressed by cleaning up this code.
This also addresses issue on AIX hosts where AD users cannot authenticate.
- Resolved issue in which Windows 10 did not display data on GPO reports.
- Removed weak types from krb5.conf encryption types.
- Resolved issue with systemd by setting lwsmd TasksMax to infinity by default.
- Resolved issue in which DBReaper was not incrementing last reaped ID for Elasticsearch on error.
- DC/GC now fails over to the same site.
- Core dump issue resolved on license status on domainjoin.
- Resolved Centos/RHEL7 issue in which AD Bridge upgrade caused double prompts for local user password changes.
- Resolved Solaris issue in which lwsmd went into maintenance mode when shutting down.
- Addressed issue that occurred while mounting CIFS share as AD user from 10.1.0.
- SUSE 12SP5: Resolved a Libcrypto error that occurred when trying to sudo.
- AD Bridge 188.8.131.52 supports upgrades from 10.0, 10.1.x, 21.x, and 22.1.x.
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12 SP5 is now supported.