AD Bridge 10.1.0 Release Notes
August 4, 2020
New Features and Enhancements:
- Parent Level Licensing
- Issuing a domainjoin-cli leave command now removes the license from parent container.
- The setkey-cli command now acts on licenses obtained from parent container.
- Added support to the agent to find licenses from the parent domain.
- Installer Rebrand
- Rebranded the Windows installers.
- Rebranded the SFX installers.
- Solaris Installers
- AD Bridge now includes both 32- and 64-bit installers for Solaris.
- Additional Platform Support
- Corrected the SLES 15 machine account object to have the correct operating system attribute.
- Increased the Solaris file descriptor limit to 65535.
- Pointer Record Update
- Added the option to update DNS for the pointer record (PTR) only. If the forward lookup zone does not exist, we now proceed to update the reverse lookup zone.
- Resolved issue in which MachinePasswordLifespan values were not consistent.
- Resolved issue during automount in which a & symbol in a policy name prevented the display of a GPO report.
- Resolved issue in which AD Bridge could not find an object if it was 8 or more OUs deep.
- Resolved issue in which AD accounts with expired passwords got stuck in loop.
- Resolved issue in which host access groups assumed no valid groups when not all groups were readable.
- Resolved issue in which a libnsl check was failing on CentOS 8.1 when installing AD Bridge.
- Resolved issue in which a duplicate scanner did not load on Server 2016 after upgrade.
- Resolved issue in which regshell reported incorrect search string when no match was found.
- Resolved issue in which a segmentation fault occured when pkinit_identities was invoked when not needed.
- Resolved issue in which winbind experienced a fatal error on Solaris 11 64-bit systems.
- Resolved issue in which synchronous LDAP binds did not time out.
- Resolved issue in which PMUL config policy report was not loading.
- Resolved issue in which cell default value is not respected under the User tab.
- Resolved issue in which an authentication exception error was found when trying to remove a user from a group.
- Resolved issue in which provisioning a group through ADUC find causes error.
- Evaluation deployments revert the assigned evaluation license to the local 30 day evaluation license. An install of 10.1 will not issue evaluation licenses from the container. We expect a resolution for this in the next ADB release. Until then, we recommend not upgrading v10.1 evaluation deployments.
- We no longer provide 32-bit versions of the deb and rpm installers.
- We are not shipping the ADB database utilities installer for this release. If configuring a reporting and auditing environment, continue to use the 10.0.0 database utilities installer.
- HPUX Installer is not included in this release. A new 64-bit installer will be included in a future release.
- ADUC and BMC logs have been moved into the PBIS.logs directory.