BeyondTrust Vault Whitepaper
Whether a vendor, database administrator, network engineer, or privileged insider, you can rely on BeyondTrust Vault to securely store credentials needed to access your critical business systems. BeyondTrust Vault fits seamlessly into your privileged session workflow because it is integrated directly with the Privileged Remote Access solution. Users do not need to learn to use another tool or even exit BeyondTrust to retrieve passwords. With just one click in the BeyondTrust access console, users can simply select the correct credential from the dropdown and log directly into the endpoint - without ever having to know or even see the actual password.
In this document, we will cover the following topics:
- Vault Configuration: Enable the user permissions needed to start using BeyondTrust Vault.
- Credential Discovery: Find and track privileged accounts commonly used by your privileged users.
- Credential Rotation: Rotate passwords, manually or automatically, after each use.
- Check In and Check Out: Retrieve credentials for use outside of a BeyondTrust session.
- Credential Injection: Inject credentials into a remote system directly from the BeyondTrust access console.
- Reporting: View and track credential activity.