Configure BeyondInsight for Integration with Privileged Remote Access
- Log into BeyondInsight using an account that has administrative permissions.
- From the left navigation, select Configuration.
- Under Privileged Remote Access, select Database Configuration.
- Provide the settings to connect to your Integration Client's database (BGSessions) where the Privileged Remote Access session data is stored, and then click Update Settings:
- Server: Hostname or IP address for the SQL Server hosting the Integration Client’s database (BGSessions).
- Database Name: Name of the database that contains the Privileged Remote Access session data. BGSessions is default.
- Integrated Security: If toggled to yes, the username and password are specified in the connection. If toggled to no, the current Windows account credentials are used for authentication.
- SQL User: Username used to the access the BGSessions database.
- SQL Password: Password for the SQL User.
- Connection Timeout: Timeout in seconds to wait for a connection to open.
- Query Timeout: Timeout in seconds to wait for the command to execute.
View the Privileged Remote Access Dashboard in BeyondInsight
After initial setup, you must refresh your browser for the Privileged Remote Access module to display in the left navigation in BeyondInsight.
- From the left navigation, select Privileged Remote Access.
- In the Dashboard, you can quickly view a summary of Privileged Remote Access session data in each card.
- You can click the items within each card to review the specific records for that item in a grid view, which can be sorted, filtered, and exported as required.