Options: Configure Global Default Account Policy Settings and Password Length for Account Rotation
Configure the settings for the global default account policy.
The global default account policy must define an option for each setting. If an account does not have a setting defined using a specific policy, it inherits the policy from the account group. If the account group does not have a setting defined using a specific policy, it inherits the policy from the global default account policy.
Automatic Password Management
Scheduled Password Rotation Rules
- Select Allow to schedule passwords for Vault accounts to automatically rotate when the password reaches a specified maximum age.
- Select Deny to disable scheduled password rotation for Vault accounts.
Maximum Password Age
If scheduled password rotation is enabled, specify the maximum number of days a password can be in place for Vault accounts before it is automatically rotated.
Automatically Rotate Credentials after Check In Rules
- Select Allow to automatically rotate passwords after a credential is checked in.
- Select Deny to disable the automatic rotation of passwords after a credential is checked in.
Allow Simultaneous Checkout Rules
- Select Allow to enable the ability for Vault credentials to be checked out simultaneously.
- Select Deny to disable the ability for Vault credentials to be checked out simultaneously.
Generated Passwords for Account Rotation
Define the length of passwords generated during account rotation for domain and local accounts. You may set a minimum length of 20 characters and a maximum length of 256 characters.
Password lengths do not apply to SSH and personal accounts.
Set the minimum and maximum number of characters allowed for the password generated during manual, automatic, and scheduled password rotation for accounts that are rotated through Windows API (non-Azure accounts).
Password Length of AADDS Accounts
Set the minimum and maximum number of characters allowed for the password generated during password rotation of Azure Active Directory Domain Services (AADDS) accounts through MS Graph API.