My Account: Change Password and Username, Download the Access Console and Other Software
User Drop Down Menu
Besides displaying the current user's name and a logout button, the user dropdown menu located on the upper-right corner of the UI offers access to a few key features from anywhere on the admin site:
- Launch Privileged Web Access Console: This gives you convenient access to the web console from anywhere in /login.
- Download Access Console: This gives yo a quick link to download the access console.
- Enable Extended Availability: Enables the feature in the access console.
- Language: Displays the current language. If more than one language is enabled for your site, select the language you want to use from the dropdown menu. This language is also applied to the Privileged Web Access Console.
For more information, please see Use Extended Availability to Remain Accessible when Not Logged In.
BeyondTrust Privileged Web Access Console
Launch the privileged web access console, a web-based access console. Access remote systems from your browser without having to download and install the full access console.
BeyondTrust Access Console
Choose the operating system on which you wish to install this software. This dropdown defaults to the appropriate installer detected for your operating system.
For more information, please see Privileged Web Access Console Guide.
Download BeyondTrust Access Console
Download the BeyondTrust access console installer.
For system administrators who need to push out the console installer to a large number of systems, the Microsoft Installer can be used with your systems management tool of choice. In your command prompt, when composing the command to install the console using an MSI, change to the directory where the MSI was downloaded and enter the command included on the My Account page.
You can include optional parameters for your MSI installation.
- INSTALLDIR= accepts any valid directory path where you want the console to install.
- RUNATSTARTUP= accepts 0 (default) or 1. If you enter 1, the console will run each time the computer starts up.
- ALLUSERS= accepts "" or 1 (default). If you enter 1, the console will install for all users on the computer; otherwise, it will install only for the current user.
- SHOULDAUTOUPDATE=1 If you install for only the current user, you can choose to have the console automatically update each time the site is upgraded by entering a value of 1; a value of 0 (default) will not auto-update, and the console will need to be manually reinstalled when the site is upgraded. If you install the console for all users, it will not auto-update.
- /quiet or /q runs the installer without displaying any windows, spinners, error, or other visible alerts.
Change Your Password
BeyondTrust recommends changing your password regularly.
Username, Current Password, New Password
Verify that you are logged into the account for which you want to change the password, and then enter your current password. Create and confirm a new password for your account. The password may be set to whatever you choose, as long as the string complies with the defined policy set on the /login > Management > Security page.
Change Your Email Settings
Set the email address to which email notifications are sent, such as password resets or extended availability mode alerts.
Enter the password for your /login account, not your email password.
Two Factor Authentication
Activate Two Factor Authentication
Activate two-factor authentication (2FA) to increase the level of security for users accessing /login and the BeyondTrust access console. Click Activate Two Factor Authentication, then use an authenticator app of your choice, such as Google Authenticator, to scan the QR code that displays on the page. Alternatively, you can manually enter the alphanumeric code displayed below the QR code into your authenticator app.
The app automatically registers the account and begins providing you with codes. Enter your password and the code generated by the app you selected, and then click Activate. Please note that each code is valid for 60 seconds, after which time a new code is generated. Once you log in, you have the option to switch to a different authenticator app or disable 2FA.
If 2FA was pushed by your administrator, you do not have the option to disable it.
Extended Availability Mode
Enable or Disable
Enable or disable Extended Availability Mode by clicking the Enable/Disable button. Extended Availability Mode allows you to receive email invitations from other users requesting to share a session when you are not logged into the console.
Remote Desktop Agent
Download Remote Desktop Agent Installer
The Remote Desktop Agent should be installed on 64-bit Windows servers with Remote Desktop Services enabled that need to launch and inject credentials in administrator-defined applications
Virtual Smart Card
To attempt virtual smart card authentication, the BeyondTrust user must have the BeyondTrust virtual smart card driver installed. The computer being accessed must be running in elevated mode. Also, either it must have the BeyondTrust endpoint virtual smart card driver installed, or it must be accessed by the Jump To functionality of the access console.
For more details and requirements, please see the Smart Cards for Remote Authentication.
Choose Windows Architecture
Select to download the virtual smart card installer for the BeyondTrust user system or the endpoint system.
Download Virtual Smart Card Installer
Download the virtual smart card installer selected above. A virtual smart card allows you to authenticate to a remote system using a smart card on your local system.