When you're installing or upgrading to a virtual directory, the virtual directory inherits the settings of the parent web site. Thus, if the parent web site is not configured to require SSL, then your virtual directory does not require SSL.
To require SSL on your virtual directory:
- On the host server, open Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager.
- Expand your server node, then Sites, and then your web site.
- Select your virtual directory. The default for the web app is PWCWeb, and the default for the web service is ERPMWebService.
- From the center pane, open SSL Settings.
- Select the check box Require SSL.
- Click Apply.