Insert ActiveX Controls
Unlike other application types, Privilege Management for Windows only manages the privileges for the installation of ActiveX controls. ActiveX controls usually require administrative rights to install, but once installed they run with the standard privileges of the web browser.
- Select the Application Group you want to add the ActiveX control to.
- In the right pane, go to Actions > Add Application > ActiveX Control.
- We recommend that you add a Description so that you can identify the Active X Control in the Application Group table. The Description is not used as matching criteria for the application definition. Alternatively, you can click the Template button to add an Active X Control from a list of templates.
- You need to configure the matching criteria for the executable. You can configure:
- ActiveX Codebase matches
- CLSID matches
- ActiveX Version matches
- You need to configure the Advanced Options for the application. You can configure:
- Allow child processes will match this application definition
- Force standard user rights on File Open/Save common dialogs
- Click OK. The application is added to the Application Group.