To view or edit the general properties of a Workstyle, select Windows > Workstyles > 'Workstyle Name' > Filters from the policy tree. The Filters section is last in the list on the right.
The Filters tab of a Workstyle can be used to further refine when a Workstyle is actually applied.
By default, a Workstyle applies to all users and computers who receive it. However, you can add one or more filters that restrict the application of the Workstyle:
- Account Filter: This filter restricts the Workstyle to specific users or groups of users.
- Computer Filter: This filter restricts the Workstyle to specific computers (names or IP addresses), or Remote Desktop clients.
- Time Filter: This filter restricts the Workstyle to being applied at particular days of the week and times of the day.
- Expiry Filter: This filter expires a Workstyle at a set date and time.
- WMI Filter: This filter restricts the Workstyle based on the success or failure of a WMI query.
If you want the Workstyle to apply only if all filters match, select the option ALL filters must match from the dropdown menu. If you want the Workstyle to apply when any filter matches, select the option ANY filter can match from the dropdown menu.
Filters can also be configured to apply if there are no matches. This is referred to as an exclude filter. To set an exclude filter, right-click the filter and check the option Apply this filter if it does NOT match (This does not apply to Time and Expiry filters).
Time filters and Expiry filters can only be used once in a Workstyle.