Steps to Integrate Privilege Management for Mac with BeyondInsight
Once you have BeyondInsight and Endpoint Privilege Management installed in your environment, you need to configure both instances to communicate with each other. Below is a list of high level steps needed to complete the integration.
- Create and export the BeyondInsight client certificate.
- Use Rapid Deployment Tool to create a redistributable settings package for all endpoints accessing this BeyondInsightinstance.
You can use the Jamf integration in the tool to automatically distribute the generated settings .pkg to your endpoints if you are using Jamf for MDM with a Samba File Distribution Share. If you are not, you can save the settings created as a distributable .pkg file.
- Using Mobile Device Management (MDM) or your method of choice, deploy the Privilege Management for Mac client and BeyondInsight adapter on all applicable endpoints.
If you did not use the Jamf integration in the Rapid Deployment Tool step mentioned previously, you should also distribute the .pkg file produced by the tool.
- Verify BeyondInsight is receiving heartbeats and information from Privilege Management for Mac endpoints.
- Configure the policy editor to communicate with BeyondInsight and test the connection.
- Create a new policy in the editor.
- Create a Smart Rule in BeyondInsight.
- Assign and deploy a policy from BeyondInsight.