Reset the PM Cloud Windows Adapter
Use the Privilege Management Adapter Reset tool to reset an adapter to the factory default values. There are several use cases where you might need to reset the adapter:
- In preparation for machine imaging. This includes creating a base image from a computer for roll out across an organization or department, or for organizations using VDI environments.
- To reconnect a disconnected or deactivated endpoint from PM Cloud without the need to uninstall and reinstall the adapter. By resetting the configuration, the adapter can reauthenticate and reconnect to PM Cloud in a clean and simple way.
The Adapter Reset tool cannot configure proxy settings for the PM Cloud Adapter.
Access the Adapter Reset Tool
The Adapter Reset tool is available in three different formats. Review the list to determine how you can access the tool:
- Installed with Adapter: Preferred method. Only available for 23.9 or later adapters.
- Installed with Package Manager: Preferred method for 23.8 and earlier adapters.
- Standalone: Download the installer from the Configuration > Adapter Installation page. Extract and run on an endpoint.
- The tool must run as a System-level user. PM Cloud Windows Adapters newer than version 21.7 can run as System-level user.
- The tool does not work with adapters using the ic3Adapter user. Those adapters must be upgraded manually to version 21.8 and the ic3Adapter user changed to the LocalSystem user.
Privilege Management for Windows Compatibility
The tool is not compatible with Privilege Management for Windows agent protection and Privilege Management for Windows anti-tamper in versions of the Reset Adapter prior to 23.8, and is not usable on devices where agent protection or anti-tamper are enabled.
- To download the tool, go to the Configuration page and select Adapter Installation.
- Click the link for the download type: Win 32 Bit or Win 64 Bit.
When you install the tool, the PMC.PackageManager.InstallerActions.exe utility is installed.
PMC.PackageManager.InstallerActions ACTION=RESETADAPTER BACKUPLOCATION=<absolute_dir_path_for_backup> TENANTID=<tenantID> INSTALLATIONID=<installationID> INSTALLATIONKEY=<installationKey> SERVICEURI=<serviceUri> GROUPID=<groupID>
All parameters listed in the installation command are required, except for BACKUPLOCATION.
- ACTION=RESETADAPTER: Resets the adapter.
- BACKUPLOCATION: Optional parameter. Stores backups of any existing configuration files.