Install BeyondInsight for Unix & Linux
You can install the console on Windows or Linux operating systems.
You must have the system firewall configured to allow access on port 4443 (default).
Supported Operating Systems
BIUL supports the following operating systems :
- Windows 2012 or later
- Windows 2012 R2 or later
- RHEL/CentOS 5 or later
- Debian/Ubuntu 12.04 or later
BIUL supports the following browsers:
- Safari 9 or later
- Chrome 52 or later
- FireFox 48 or later
Supported Database Versions
The standard Microsoft SQL Server scenario is set up on a U-Series Appliance. The following database versions and platforms are compatible for the BIUL database:
- Microsoft SQL Server 2014, 2016, and 2019
- SQLite versions 3.7.17 to 3.37
The only MS SQL Server configuration that has been tested and approved is with SQL Server running on the same machine as the BIUL installation, which is the standard UVM Appliance setup. Running MS SQL Server on a separate, dedicated database server is not supported.
Prepare for the BeyondInsight for Unix & Linux Installation
- Run the install using an account with root or administrator privileges.
- Copy the installers for BeyondInsight for Unix & Linux, Privilege Management for Unix and Linux, and AD Bridge to the server.
- If deploying to an HP-UX server, make sure gzip is in /usr/bin or /bin. If it is not, create a symbolic link.
ln –s /usr/contrib/bin/gzip /usr/bin/gzip