Password Safe User Guide
Password Safe includes a web-based interface for executing password requests and approvals. You can launch the Password Safe web portal by selecting Password Safe from the menu in the BeyondInsight management console. The web portal is configured by your Password Safe administrator.
A Password Safe user is authorized to log in to the Password Safe U-Series Appliance and perform tasks. The specific tasks a user can perform are determined by the privileges assigned to that user.
Select a Display Language
The Password Safe web portal can be displayed in the following languages:
If your BeyondInsight Administrator has the option enabled, you can select a language from the list on the Log In page or by clicking the Profile and preferences button, and then selecting it from the Language list.
If no languages are available, please contact your BeyondInsight administrator.
Log In to the Web Portal
Your Password Safe administrator configures login credentials for the web portal. Contact your administrator if you are unsure which credentials to use. Potential authentication methods include:
- Password Safe: Enter your Password Safe credentials and then click Login.
- Active Directory: Enter your Active Directory credentials, select a domain from the list, and then click Login.
- LDAP: Enter your LDAP credentials, select an LDAP server from the list, and then click Login.
- RADIUS: Enter your Password Safe credentials and then click Login. Enter RADIUS code and then click Submit.
- Smart Card: Select a certificate and then enter the Smart Card PIN.
- SAML: Follow the procedure for your third-party authentication type.
A pre-login banner might be configured on your system. You must click OK before you can enter your credentials.
Change Your Login Password
In the BeyondInsight console, click the Profile and preferences button, and then click Change Password. Your password must be 6-117 characters in length.
You cannot change your password if you are currently logging in with Active Directory or LDAP credentials, or if your account is currently logged out.
Reset a Forgotten Password
If you forget your console password, click Forgot Password on the Login page. Enter your username and then click Reset Password.
You will receive an email from the console administrator. Click the reset link provided in the email.
You cannot reset your password if you are currently logging in with Active Directory or LDAP credentials, or if SMTP is improperly configured.
For more information on configuring SMTP, please see Run the Configuration Wizard.