Security in BeyondTrust Password Safe Cloud
Public. For Information Purposes Only.
The purpose of this document is to help technically-oriented professionals understand the security-related value BeyondTrust can bring to their organization. BeyondTrust can help your support organization stay secure and compliant, while improving the efficiency and success of your organization with a better end-user support experience.
Password Safe Cloud Overview
BeyondTrust connects and protects people and technology with leading privileged access management solutions that strengthen security while increasing productivity. BeyondTrust Password Safe unifies privileged password and privileged session management, providing secure discovery, management, auditing, and monitoring for any privileged credential. Password Safe enables organizations to achieve complete control and accountability over privileged accounts. Password Safe Cloud is the same product as our on-premesis (physical or virtual) and Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) counterparts, but is intended to reduce the maintenance burden of the deployment and ongoing maintenance of the solution. With Password Safe, an organization can reduce the risk of privileged credential misuse through automated password and session management.
Features and Capabilities
- Continuous Automated Account Discovery and Auto-Onboarding: Leverage a distributed network discovery engine to scan, identify, and profile all assets. Dynamic categorization allows auto-onboarding into Smart Groups for efficient management.
- Secure SSH Key Management: Automatically rotate SSH keys according to a defined schedule and enforce granular access control and workflow. Leverage private keys to securely log users onto Unix/Linux systems through the proxy, with no user exposure to the key, and with full privileged session recording.
- Application-to-Application Password Management: Eliminate hard-coded or embedded application credentials through an adaptable API interface that includes an unlimited number of Password Caches for scalability and redundancy.
- Enhanced Privileged Session Management: Live session management enables true dual control, enabling admins to record, lock, and document suspicious behavior without killing sessions – or productivity.
- Adaptive Access Control: Evaluate just-in-time context and simplify access requests by considering the day, date, time, and location when a user accesses resources to determine their authorization to access those systems.