The Assets grid allows you to review details about your assets quickly by filtering your assets by smart groups, last update time, type of asset, domain, operating systems, technical solutions applied to the asset (i.e. asset is a scanned host or database host), DNS name, and workgroups,
Review Asset Details
Depending on the scan settings, information in the following list may not be detected and included in the scan results. If the following scan settings are turned on, more accurate scan results can be expected: Perform Local Scanning, Enable WMI Service, and Enable Remote Registry Service.
You can review the following information about your assets on the advanced details page for each asset. To view the advanced details for an asset:
- In the grid, click the More Options button for an asset, and then select Go to advanced details.
If the asset has not been scanned, you will only see information under General Data.
- Details & Attributes: Displays details about the asset such as, IP address, DNS name, domain, system name, workgroup, date the asset was added and updated, and the operation system, etc.
- Databases: Displays the databases that are on the asset and allows you to add a database.
- Smart Groups: Displays the smart groups that the asset is associated with.
By default, the current snapshot of scan data is selected. You can select other available snapshots to load the data for that date.
- Certificates: Displays all certificates installed on the asset. You can filter by expired certificates or search for certificates.
- Hardware: Displays disk drive information, system manufacturer, memory, and processor information.
- Ports: Displays the open port number, protocol, and description.
- Scheduled Tasks: Displays information about scheduled tasks for a particular asset, including task name, task to run, last time the task ran, schedule type, etc.
- Services: Displays discovered services, including name, description, state, log on details, startup type, and dependencies.
- Software: Lists all software discovered on the asset including version.
- Users: Includes several attributes for user accounts, including: name, privileges, password age, Last logon date, password expiry status, group membership, and status of the account, and allows you to filter by these attributes.
Assets are added to BeyondInsight through scans. Assets can also be manually added from the Assets page.
- Select Assets.
- From the Smart Group Filter, select All Assets.
- Click Create New Asset.
- Complete the Create Asset form, and then click Save Asset.
New assets created in any smart group other than All Assets may not appear under the selected smart group if the Smart Rule criteria is not met or until the Smart Rule processes. We recommend that you create new assets using the All Assets smart group.
A manually added asset can have its basic information edited, such as Name, DNS Name, Domain, Asset Type, IP Address, MAC Address, and Workgroup. Asset attributes cannot be edited at the individual asset level at this time. If this is necessary, Smart Rules can be used to modify the attributes associated with an asset.
You can remove assets from the Assets grid immediately. Assets removed from the grid will be deleted from the BeyondInsight database during the nightly data purge.
- Select Assets.
- Select an asset or multiple assets, and then click the Delete button above the grid.
You can use the filters above the grid to narrow down your list of assets to those targeted for deletion, and then select the check box in the header to select all assets in the grid to delete at once.
- Click Delete on the confirm deletion message.