PowerBroker for Windows
PowerBroker for Windows is the fastest, easiest and most cost-effective way to secure Microsoft Windows through the implementation of “least privilege”. Reduce help desk burdens and costs, while increasing the security of your Windows-based assets.
Your Windows Assets Don’t Have to Be an Attacker's
PowerBroker for Windows helps organizations significantly improve their desktop security by making it easy to remove administrator privileges from users without impacting productivity. Removing these privileges drastically reduces the attack surface available to malicious users – both internal and external – and malware.
With its powerful automation engine, PowerBroker for Windows lets organizations easily implement security best practices with no impact on end-user productivity. By selectively elevating privileges for applications, software installs, system tasks, scripts, control panel applets and more – reducing help desk burdens and costs while increasing security.
In addition, with PowerBroker for Windows, you can get complete visibility into user activity with Session Monitoring and total control of user privilege down to the file system level with File Integrity Monitoring. These optional add on modules can provide a complete context aware security profile of user activity on an asset.
“PowerBroker for Windows is the perfect solution for our IT needs. No longer are we required to ‘punch holes’ in our security in order to complete certain tasks.”Ian Short, Applications Infrastructure Manager,
University of Winchester
FEATURES & BENEFITS
Grant administrator privileges to applications and tasks – not users - without providing administrator credentials.
Automate Your Way to Better
Security and Compliance
PowerBroker for Windows learns what applications and tasks your users run on Windows assets and what privileges are required. Instantly create policies to elevate the right applications and tasks for the right users.
Reduce attack surface, while stopping malware before it is installed by ensuring your users are only running approved applications with the proper privileges.
Integration with BeyondTrust Management & Analytics Console (Optional)
Free for all PowerBroker Servers for UNIX and Linux customers. Advanced features including dynamic asset discovery and targeting, flexible alerting and reporting, advanced analytics, and centralized I/O index and search capabilities.
Why BeyondTrust for Desktop Security
- Lower desktop support costs 40% or more by removing Admin and implementing least privilege
- Immediate time to value with extensive reporting, discovery, automated rule generation, and more flexible rules
- Meet internal and external compliance needs by ensuring all users log on with a standard user account, and monitor their activities with Session Monitoring
- Eliminates the intentional, accidental, and indirect misuse of privileges on Windows assets.
- Protect from the internal threat by blocking prohibited applications (such as known hacking tools) from ever running
- Proactively identifies applications and tasks that require administrator privileges, before removal of administrator privileges occurs.
- Centrally managed application control and elevation policies for easy auditing and management
- Monitor, alert or block file system changes, even when users have elevated privileges with File Integrity Monitoring
To learn more about our products for securing your virtual environments, select a product area below:
Track unauthorized changes to Active Directory and Group Policy configurations
Quickly and easily integrate your Linux and Unix servers into your Active Directory Infrastructure