- This version of Bomgar has been certified for physical Bomgar Appliances (B200, B300 & B400), virtual Bomgar Appliances (Azure, VMWare & Hyper-V), and cloud deployment models.
- This release requires Base software 5.1.1 or later.
New Features and Enhancements:
- Automated Text Translation – Bomgar's integration with your GeoFluent account empowers your helpdesk with a global advantage by translating chats between reps and customers in real time.
- Chrome OS Support – Support Chrome OS devices, including Chromebook™ and Chromebox™. Helpdesk users can now view Chrome OS screens remotely to troubleshoot issues. This functionality requires G Suite to deploy the Bomgar extension to Chrome OS devices.
- Jump Groups and Roles – Introducing Jump Groups and Jump Roles. Jump Groups are a more flexible way to organize your Jump Items any way you want, not just by Bomgar teams. Jump Roles are now used to define what a user can do with Jump Clients, and are remarkably flexible. These two new features combined make it easier for administrators to assign the right access to the right users.
- Jump Client – Automatic Refresh List – Say goodbye to the refresh button. The Jump Items list in the rep console now loads and automatically refreshes anytime Jump Items are added, deleted, or changed, making the Jump interface easier to use and manage.
- Jump Client – Automatic Maintenance Options –Jump Clients that have not connected to the appliance for a certain period of time are flagged as lost, providing information you need to better manage Jump Client deployment.
- Jump Client – Domain and Workgroup Search – Smart host detection allows reps to quickly identify, sort, and manage the Jump Clients they work with every day. With improved Jump Client host searching, filtering Jump Clients to see which ones are connected to a domain or searching to see if a specific user is logged in is now much easier.
- Jump Client - Low Profile Settings – Several usability enhancements for Jump Clients give them a lower, more subtle profile by minimizing their visibility on individual desktops. Additionally, Bomgar administrators can prevent users from uninstalling Jump Clients locally on Mac and Linux systems.
- Jump Client Silent Install Process Improvements – Improvements to the Jump Client installer allow for a truly silent install using a --silent or /quiet flag.
- Rep Console Interface Enhancements – The look and feel of both the rep console and the web rep console interfaces have been improved to make them even easier to use and increase your productivity.
- Representative Profile Photos – Profile photos help personalize the support experience for both the rep and the person receiving assistance. Profile photos can be manually uploaded to a rep's user account, or existing photos from LDAP can be synced for centralized management.
- Web Console File Transfer – The flexibility of the web-based rep console now allows files to be transferred between your local system and a remote system.
- VNC Jump Shortcuts – Bomgar's VNC integration provides the security, collaboration, and audit features of Bomgar to VNC-enabled devices. Additionally, for supported operating systems, it is simple to deploy a Jump Client for future use, which makes future sessions more secure.
- Smart Card Enhancements – Smart card reader names are now shown in the rep console dropdown list, and a visual indicator has been added to show the progress during a smart card elevation process.
- Native Multi-Factor Authentication Using Time-Based One-Time Passwords – Gain the security of multi-factor authentication for your local and LDAP user accounts by enabling time-based one-time passwords. When logging into Bomgar, users must provide a one-time password generated by a separate device or app.
- Password Reset via Email – Reset a forgotten password by means of a secure email link.
- Custom Watermark – Customize the in-session watermark using any image you like to personalize the support experience and to increase your customers' trust in the support you provide.
- Idle Representative Timeout Notice Enhancements – Administrators can choose for idle representatives to receive a notification before being logged out of the rep console due to inactivity.
- Enable Desktop Background – Maintain a remote system's desktop background while screen sharing in full color or video optimized mode. Reps can leave customer desktops in place while enjoying the benefits of live system statuses.
- LG Android Support – Full device screen sharing and remote control are available on LG Android 4.0.3 or greater devices. The end-user must accept the permission prompt for this feature to run.
- High Availability ECM – Install multiple endpoint credential managers (ECMs) on different systems to avoid downtime. The appliance routes credential requests through the ECM with the longest uptime. If that ECM cannot be reached, the appliance immediately begins routing requests through the ECM with the next longest uptime and sends an email to alert the administrator of ECM malfunction.
- Real-time and Reporting API Enhancements – Several changes have been made to the real-time state API and the reporting API to allow for more detailed reporting.
- Added buttons to copy strings to the clipboard from the /login interface.
- Added a dashboard option to join an existing session, allowing team managers and leads to monitor sessions taking place in the web rep console.
- Added the option to block external resources, inline scripts, and inline styles on the public site by sending the “Content-Security-Policy” HTTP header.
- Session Reports now contain information about which credentials are used to connect to Jump Items.
- A new indicator is displayed whenever the rep’s local smart card is being read by the remote virtual reader.
- macOS High Sierra is now supported.
- Languages are available for the 17.1 release.
- Chinese (Simplified)
- Chinese (Traditional)
- Portuguese (Brazil)
- Portuguese (Portugal)
- Spanish (Latin America)
- Spanish (European)
- Russian – New!
- Resolved an issue with error messages not appearing in red.
- To reduce CPU consumption, the screen sharing polling rate is now reduced on systems with only one core.
- Remote registry no longer deletes a remote key if keyboard focus changes unexpectedly.
- Resolved an issue with some permissions not appearing correctly in embassies.
- Resolved an issue with Jump Clients connecting to the appliance even though it had not yet accepted an upgrade.
- Resolved an issue with Jump Clients sometimes failing to install when the appliance hostname could not be resolved.
- Resolved an issue with modifier key injection when using the Linux representative console.
- Resolved an issue with selecting “None” in application sharing on Mac.
- Resolved an issue with modifier key injection when using the Mac representative console.
- The macOS presentation attendee client has been deprecated in favor of the HTML5 client and will be removed in an upcoming release.
- Resolved an issue with the RDP login process sometimes failing.
- Resolved an issue with some Control key combinations not going through correctly to RDP sessions.
- Resolved an issue with some session recordings not being full length due to incorrect time stamps.
- Resolved an issue with a time-out error message being displayed after injecting credentials multiple times.
- Resolved an issue with the Issues section appearing in the representative console Start window even when no Issues had been defined.
- Resolved an issue with some of the alert settings check boxes appearing more than once.
- Resolved an issue where a representative could sometimes be logged into more than one representative console.
- Resolved an issue with the screen sharing window not having focus after starting screen sharing.
- Resolved an issue with the representative console failing to close if certain windows were open when the representative idle timeout occurred or the representative logged into another representative console.
- Resolved an issue with domain admins being prompted for credentials during local pushes.
- Resolved an issue with remote registry access deleting the entire key instead of selected values.
- Resolved an issue with representative surveys exporting incorrectly.
- Resolved an issue with Shell Jump failing to connect to some routers.
Web Rep Console
- Resolved an issue with deploying a Bomgar Button from the web rep console if the session was started with click-to-chat.
- Resolved an issue with the command shell start button being in the wrong state when the system was in the process of rebooting.
- Resolved an issue with long folder names causing the folder options items to be hidden.
- Corrected the formatting in the error message when creating files with very large names.
- Resolved an issue with being unable to close the error message displayed when creating folders with too many characters.
- Resolved an issue with some buttons being enabled inadvertently after switching from the native rep console to the web rep console.
As always with our major releases, a big thanks goes to our Early Adopters! With your help, the following resolved issues have also been included in this release.
- Resolved an issue with the customer client downloading from the wrong node.
- Resolved an issue with screen sharing sometimes not starting in Atlas environments.
- Resolved an issue with Jumpoints not using point-to-point connections when enabled.
- Resolved an issue with using multiple presentation client addresses causing slow connection times.
- Resolved an issue with logging into the web rep console while the native representative console was up with the edit window open.
- Resolved an issue with the representative console being closed while the representative exit survey warning window was displayed.
Web Rep Console
- Resolved an issue with representatives logged into the web rep console appearing as busy in their team leads’ or team managers’ dashboards.
- Resolved an issue with virtual smart card availability.
- Supports upgrades from 16.1.4+. If on a version prior to this, multiple upgrades will be required.
- This release is certified with the following Bomgar Mobile versions:
- The API version has been increased to 1.16.0.
- Requires Integration Client 1.6.3+.
- Require Endpoint Credential Manager 1.2.1+.