Privileged Identity 126.96.36.199
Support of Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) in the Web Application:
The introduction of the new Web Application has resulted in the removal of the previously included RDP (Remote Desktop Protocol) control, due in part, to a lack of compatibility between the new web application technology and the outdated RDP control. Privileged Identity included the native ability to launch an RDP session on behalf of the requesting user to the target system using a specified account. This functionality was provided via a Microsoft supplied, Active-X based RDP control, which Microsoft stopped supporting in 2006.
Given the suspension of support from Microsoft, the lack of a proper security posture for the Active-X control, and the lack of compatibility with the new web application technology BeyondTrust has chosen to remove it. Customers who leveraged the free control should consider a more robust and secure control with additional capabilities such as BeyondTrust’s Privileged Remote Access (PRA) and/or Remote Support (RS) solutions.
Certain MFA functions previously used by agents from the MFA provider are no longer supported. Customers will need to reconfigure MFA with new web application.
New Features and Enhancements:
- New Web Application Front End: PI has received a new web application front end. The new web application is written in Angular 7 in order to provide more speed, better security, and a modern development platform.
- Alternate Administrators: The existing alternate administrators feature has been changed. The new paradigm allows decisions regarding the attempted order of credentials to try or exclude at the program level, management set or system level.
- Account Elevation for Cross-Platform Environments: Account elevation in PI was historically for Windows systems only, but now extends to the cross-platform environment.
- Native Launch Capability for Privileged Remote Access (PRA): With this release, PI will be able to launch privileged access sessions using PRA directly from the PI website.
- Licensing Enhancements:
- The legacy licensing model has been changed to a TrueUp model, making it more applicable to an enterprise customer with a highly dynamic environment.
- The licensing changes will allow customers to move from commercial keys to demo keys to better test new add-on features before purchase
- Verbose logging now has an option in the Admin Console UI and no longer requires a registry entry to enable.
- Manage Management Sets window has been updated.
- Now able to select Management Sets during installation of Zone Processors.
- PI Pre-installation checker.
- Resolved an issue with Last Run Time not accounting for Daylight Savings Time.
- Resolved an issue with Textual Import for SQL servers adding a “\” if no explicit name were provided.
- Resolved an issue with Textual Import for SQL servers requiring extra commas.
- Resolved an issue with zipped logs from the Admin Console having a date in the future.
- JavaSDK agents have been removed from the product.
- Resolved an issue with the text in the Upgrade help document not matching the name for the Deferred Process service.
- Resolved an issue with Jobs that target multiple systems not honoring the “Cancel password change operation if password is checked out” setting.
- Resolved an issue with the Database Name not being a required field during installation. Now an error message will be displayed.
- Resolved an issue with some Linux systems not being removed when static lists were used for Management Sets.
- Resolved an issue with the Get-LSManagementSetInfo command.
- Updated the single select and multi select behavior in the Admin Console to be more appropriate to the selection type being used.
- Resolved an issue with a “/” not being added to the default Windows Fusion logging directory.
- Updated the description of the first check box on the Windows Fusion logging tab.
- Resolved an issue with Windows Fusion logging updating the wrong registry. Now the customer has the option to select 32bit or 64bit.
- Updated App Data Store maintenance to not remove jobs if they have a future run date.
- Resolved an issue with managing large numbers of VMWare ESX hosts.
- Added a Client Key Lifetime setting on the Remote Application Settings page which will allow for customers on busy systems to increase the time the key is on the system.
- Resolved an issue with Jobs not sorting correctly in the Stored Jobs window.
- PI 188.8.131.52 exe installer SHA 256 checksum: cf203adf8fb6d737701bed037403cc036dcd59dd0db6603df41fe1ee8237aa7a.
- PI 184.108.40.206 supports upgrades from 220.127.116.11+.
- PI 18.104.22.168 supports BeyondTrust PI ECM Plugin 19.1.1.
- PI 22.214.171.124 web UI is currently only available in English, but additional languages will be available in a future release.