- This version of bomgar has been certified for the physical Bomgar Appliance (B300P), virtual Bomgar Appliances (VMware), and cloud deployment models.
- This release requires Base software 4.4.1 or later.
New Features and Enhancements:
- Advanced Web Access enables administrators to appropriately manage privileged access controls over assets that use modern web technology in a secure, scalable, and controlled manner.
- Bomgar Access Extender takes the task of auditing proprietary and/or third-party protocol tunneling software and simplifies it into a consumable process that removes the need for an intricate VPN solution.
- Several Bomgar Privileged Web Enhancements have been implemented: authenticating from the client scripting API, credential injection for Windows Jump Items, and authenticating from an access invite.
- Bomgar SUDO Manager allows Shell Jump credential injection to be used in conjunction with Linux SUDO.
- With Command Shell Access from Mobile, the iOS and Android access consoles now have the capability to access the command shell for Windows and Shell Jump sessions.
- Credential Injection from Mobile allows iOS and Android access consoles to support automatic credential handling for Windows login and the Special Actions “Run As” option.
- Network and protocol enhancements allow for Faster Performance (Peer-to-Peer Sessions).
- The new HD View feature equips users with an incredibly fast Video Optimized quality option, enabling smoother updates during screen sharing. This is especially useful when viewing remote video.
- With Improved API Authentication, granularly define the accounts used for API access to the specific roles they serve. Additionally, OAuth 2.0 authentication is now used for authenticating API accounts.
- Use Touch ID to log into the access console on iOS devices with the Touch ID capability.
- iOS 3D Touch Support has arrived on the Bomgar mobile access console. Mobile users can peek at active sessions and pop to join them, as well as start sessions faster by accessing their top three most commonly used Jump Items. Users can also use Touch ID to access their saved credentials and access Bomgar more quickly.
- Jump Item Approval Enhancements allow approval requests to be tied to the user requesting access to the endpoint instead of the endpoint itself.
- Introducing SAML 2.0 support. Bomgar administrators can now configure SAML as a single sign-on provider for Bomgar authentication.
- The Bomgar PAM solution can now be purchased and deployed as a Secure Cloud Deployment as an alternative to the existing on-premises deployment options.
- Custom shell processes can now be run in headless Linux Jump Client environments.
- Improved connection agent status information shows the status of the agent and the IP address of the machine the agent is installed on.
- The Special Actions “Run As” option has been modified to accommodate credential injection.
- Resolved an issue with multiple authentication prompts appearing after executing a Bomgar Console Script (BRCS) Jump.
- Resolved an issue with backspace not working properly in some command shell environments.
- Resolved an issue with the credential fields being blank if an RDP Jump Item was used with credential injection.
Privileged Web Access Console
- Increased the maximum number of Jump Items shown in the Privileged Web Access Console to 500, with no per-type limit.
- Resolved an issue with the cursor not appearing after using a command shell in Linux.
- Resolved an issue with the Privileged Web Access Console not showing some information bars.
- Resolved an issue with the Privileged Web Access Console not honoring the “Terminate Session If Account Is in Use” setting.
- A Close button has been added to the End Session window.
- Resolved an issue with some key combinations not working through screen sharing in the Privileged Web Access Console.
- Resolved an issue with the wrong Frequently Used Jump Items sometimes being displayed when using the Privileged Web Access Console in Chrome.
Remote Desktop Protocol
- Resolved an issue where copying a file in through RDP would fail if another local copy was initiated.
- Resolved an issue with RDP setting the default keyboard to English incorrectly.
- Resolved an issue with users who can only view their teams' session reports having access to other teams’ reports.
- The /login > Management > Security “Allow Mobile Bomgar Access Console to Connect” setting has been updated to “Allow Mobile Bomgar Access Console and Bomgar Privileged Web Console to Connect”.
- Resolved an issue with User Account Report notifications remaining even after tab and page refreshes.
- Supports upgrades from PAM 15.2.2+. If on a version prior to this, multiple upgrades will be required.
- Requires API version 1.15.1.
- Requires Integration Client 1.6.1.
- Requires Endpoint Credential Manager 1.0.3.
- Certified with the following Bomgar Mobile versions:
- iOS Access Console (version 2.2.2+)
- Android Access Console (version 2.2.3+)
- NOTE: The above mobile apps require trusted CA-signed certificates on the appliance.
- Includes Privileged Web.
- Discontinued support for RDP via newly deployed Jumpoints on Windows XP/2003.