August 4, 2020
New Features and Enhancements:
- Reverted a change made in version 18.104.22.168 which caused some applications to require DriverInjectionFallbacks.
- Updated the EULA.
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0 (required to use Activity Viewer, Power Rules, PowerShell audit scripts, and PowerShell API)
- PowerShell 3.0 (required to use Power Rules, PowerShell audit scripts, and PowerShell API)
- Microsoft SQL Server Compact 4.0 (required on the endpoint that will run the Activity Viewer console)
- McAfee Agent (required if you are installing the Privilege Management client with switch EPOMODE=1)
Note: The executable version of the client package includes all necessary prerequisites (excluding .NET Framework 4.0) and automatically installs them as necessary. If you use the MSI or ZIP package, you must manually install any necessary prerequisites.
- Introduced an option for use in very long running environments to prevent a gradual increase in memory footprint which was
not recovered until a service restart.
- Resolved issue in which excessive calls were being made to the service for anti-tamper from Microsoft Edge and causing
- Resolved issue in which Job Access With Speech (JAWS) failed to start when elevated by Privilege Management for
- Resolved issue in which Zoom Text fails to start when elevated by Privilege Management for Windows.
- Resolved Mcafee MER capture application incompatibility.
- Resolved Think-Cell application incompatibility with Privilege Management for Windows 22.214.171.124 installed.
- Resolved issue in which Oracle VirtualBox VMs were unable to start with Privilege Management for Windows 126.96.36.199
- Resolved issue in which the combination of a third party binary and Microsoft Teams was causing an error in Privilege
Management for Windows.
- Privilege Management Policy Editor 5.6 (recommended), 5.0+
- Privilege Management ePO Extension 5.6 (recommended), 5.0+
- Privilege Management Console Windows Adapter 2.4 and 1.4+
- McAfee Agent 5.6 (recommended), 5.0+
- McAfee ePO Server 5.10 (recommended), 5.9
- McAfee Endpoint Security (ENS)
- ENS Adaptive Threat Protection (ATP) 10.x with Generic Privilege Escalation Prevention (GPEP) enabled and
- ENS Firewall 10.x
- ENS Threat Prevention 10.x
- ENS Web Control 10.x
- McAfee MOVE Multi-Platform Client
- MOVE AV[Multi-Platform] SVA Manager 188.8.131.52
- MOVE AV[Multi-Platform] Client 184.108.40.206
- MOVE AV[Multi-Platform] License Extension 220.127.116.11
- MOVE AV[Multi-Platform] Offload Scan Server 18.104.22.168
Note: If the version of McAfee MOVE is compatible with the McAfee Agent you are using, then Privilege Management is also compatible. The following McAfee supported versions of the MOVE Multi-Platform Client are compatible with this version of the Privilege Management client. The agentless version of McAfee MOVE is not supported.
Supported Operating Systems:
- Privilege Management/Application Control Support
- Windows 7
- Windows 8 and 8.1
- Windows 10 builds Enterprise 2015 LTSB, Enterprise 2016 LTSB, Enterprise 2019 LTSC, 1709, 1803, 1809, 1903,
- Windows Server 2008 R2
- Windows Server 2012
- Windows Server 2012 R2
- Windows Server 2016
- Windows Server 2019