- This maintenance release version of Bomgar has been certified for physical Bomgar appliances (B200, B300 & B400) and virtual as well as cloud deployment models.
- This release requires Base software 4.2.2 or later before installing Bomgar 15.1.4.
New Features and Enhancements:
- Windows 10 Certification.
- Mac OS X El Capitan Support – Bomgar is now accepting reported issues found with Mac OS X El Capitan with the expectation of full certification with the upcoming Remote Support 15.2.1 release.
- NOTE: Bomgar 15.1.4 must be installed prior to upgrading to Mac OS X El Capitan.
- SMTP Enhancements – Updates in the administrative interface for SMTP Relay Servers allow additional configuration options such as:
- Configure STARTTLS for SMTP connections.
- Enable or Disable strict certificate validation.
- Upload trusted CA certificates to be used for SSL, TLS, or STARTTLS.
- Bomgar Buttons can now be installed to custom directories from the command line.
- Customer notifications have been added to HTML5 Click-To-Chat sessions run from Internet Explorer.These notifications appear as long as the customer has opted to enable “pinned sites.”
- Resolved an issue with the real-time API showing the wrong start method. This can occur when a session is started from a Bomgar Button, then the Connect with Rep/Support Team option is selected.
- Resolved an issue with some Bomgar APIs generating malformed XML due to nonstandard Unicode characters.
- Resolved an issue with the Failover page not being available when a node is configured as the backup to the Cluster Master node.
- Resolved an issue with uninstalling an MSI Bomgar Button from the command line leaving behind some files.
- Resolved an issue where Customer Client files were not being removed and continued removal reattempts upon reboot were failing.
- Resolved an issue that could result in an unsuccessful Failover due to an improper calculation of free space.
- Resolved an issue with some company names causing Failover to not sync.
- Resolved an issue with the Failover Sync Times showing the wrong time zone.
- Resolved an issue with Jump Clients sometimes failing to upgrade on various Windows operating systems.
- Resolved an issue with the file name sometimes getting corrupted when deploying a Jump Client behind a Jump Zone Proxy.
- Resolved an issue with installing Passive Jump Clients behind a Jump Zone Proxy causing the Jump Client to be unable to detect a connection to the Bomgar Box during the install.
- Updated the verbiage on the Jumpoint Configuration -> Shell Jump -> Provisioned “Send null packets…” to match the Shell Jump window’s verbiage of “Send Keep-Alive Packets”.
- Updated the entry method on the Jumpoint Configuration -> Shell Jump -> Provisioned -> Host Configuration -> “Seconds between Keep-Alive packets” to be a drop-down menu.
- Resolved an issue with the Virtual Pointer on Mac OSX 10.10 not working properly.
- Resolved an issue with the Representative not being able to interact with the Dock and Spotlight search box.
- Resolved an issue with screen sharing not working if the customer had OS X Server 4.1 installed with Xcode running at the time the session starts.
- Resolved an issue with slow shutdown and reboots on Macs with a Service Mode Jump Client installed.
- Annotations are disabled on multi-monitor Mac sessions, unless “Displays have separate spaces” is disabled.
- Resolved an issue with errors being displayed when the Presentation was run from a non-admin temporary location.
- Resolved an issue with locking the remote screen during an RDP session causing any file transfers in progress to get interrupted.
- Resolved an issue with changing the editing Jump Client Tags.
- Resolved an issue with incorrect Tab ordering of the Shell Jump window.
- Resolved an issue with the proper focusing on the Shell Jump window.
- Resolved an issue with the Special Actions “Run As…” command history not being available after an upgrade.
- Resolved an issue with detaching the side bar appearing in the wrong location slightly before moving to its proper location.
- Updated the text in the Jump Client details window for “Is Quiet” to match the text in other places.
- Resolved an issue where only the first Custom Session Attribute was being replaced in a Custom Link.
- Resolved an issue with the Jump Client window displaying the message, “No Jump Clients found” prior to selecting the Refresh button.
- Resolved an issue with typing capital letters in some Linux environments.
- Resolved an issue with Rep Survey questions not being verified if they had a default answer.
- Resolved an issue with slowness in the Rep Console upon starting up and fetching preferences.
- Resolved an issue when attempting to download command shell recordings from the Integration Client due to an improper conversion.
- Resolved an issue when converting Session Recordings that could occur if an excessively long session times out resulting in the inability to download future sessions.
- Resolved an issue with some sites not being able to download Reporting Data in CSV or XLSX formats.
- Resolved an issue with running Summary Reports on Sundays with only a 1 day duration.
- Resolved an issue with User Account Reports showing a Column for “Chat Session Permissions” instead of a column for “Allowed to push URLs to the customer’s web browser” and “Allowed to send files using the chat interface”.
- Resolved an issue with the “Logged Value” field in Customer and Rep Exit Surveys converting “0” to null.
- Resolved an issue where saving a Group Policy would remove Session Policies when a default policy was assigned to a Security Provider.
- Resolved an issue with matching the generic objectClass value that some LDAP vendors utilize.
- Resolved an issue with Group lookups failing when a User-to-Group relationship had thousands of values on the LDAP server.
- Resolved an issue with some false positives in the Security Provider Pre-Upgrade check.
- Resolved an issue with Pre-Upgrade checks failing due to a Security Provider using a missing Group Policy as the default policy.
- Resolved an issue with the Connection Agent not working properly with LDAP providers that use TLS.
- Resolved an issue with an LDAP server being queried twice for each user or group during syncs and logins.
- LDAP servers that don’t support pagination will now browse the directory for sync.
- Resolved an issue with removing LDAP Group Policy members if they are not visible to the server and a sync occurs.
- Resolved an issue with whitelisted RADIUS or Kerberos users not showing up when creating a Group Policy until the users had authenticated at least once.
- Resolved an issue with RADIUS challenge messages not working properly.
- Resolved an issue with the Security Providers not being visible after adding a Security Provider.
- Resolved an issue with LDAP user accounts being visible on the USERS page before they have authenticated.
- Resolved an issue with updating a password always displaying “Failed to save user”.
- Resolved an issue with no error being displayed when searching a Security Provider for a non-existent object.
- Resolved an issue with not being able to configure the Unique ID attribute for groups when enabling group lookup on an existing LDAP user provider.
- Resolved an issue with authenticating against a RADIUS server in challenge mode where the prompt has multiple lines.
- Resolved an issue with not being able to create local users with the same Name/DisplayName as Security Provider accounts.
- Resolved an issue with randomly being unable to save a Security Provider.
- Resolved an issue with users from Security Providers with default Group Policies sometimes showing up twice in the Teams list.
Session and Group Permission Policies
- Resolved an issue with upgrading with a Session Policy that was set as “Not Defined” causing Pre-Upgrade check failures.
- Resolved an issue with the “Schedule Enabled” column not showing in the Jump Policy Table.
- Resolved an issue with authenticated user permissions being re-evaluated during the existing session.
- Resolved an issue with some permissions not showing up on the Group Policy details page.
- Resolved an issue with the User Account Report showing more than one entry for users that were members of Teams and Group Policies that included that Team.
- Resolved an issue with new members added to Group Policies not being listed in green.
- Resolved an issue with disabled Security Providers showing up in the Group Policy listing.
- Resolved an issue with adding a new Public Portal and it not immediately becoming active.
- Resolved an issue with saving an Outbound Event with a CA certificate generating an error.
- Resolved an issue with the languages not being sorted properly on the My Account page.
- Added the Code Name note to the Add Jump Policy page.
- Resolved an issue with the Categories field on the Add Canned Scripts page not showing that there are no categories available.
- Resolved an issue with the “Access Granted To This Embassy” section missing from the Edit Embassies page.
- Resolved an issue with Session Policies not sorting properly on the Customer Client -> Session Policy page.
- Resolved an issue with the Jump Client Mass Deployment Help information displaying “install_dir” instead of “installdir”.
- Resolved an issue with saving Teams that had deleted users.
- Resolved an issue with being able to add Issues on the Configuration page that had the same name.
- Resolved an issue with being able to add more than 21 login schedules.
- Resolved an issue with users that had the “Allowed to Edit Customer Notices” permission not being able to add or edit the actual Customer Notices.
- Resolved an issue with downloading a config backup with history not containing all of the session history.
- Resolved an issue with very large backups timing out.
Mac OS X El Capitan
- Bomgar 15.1.4 must be installed prior to upgrading to Mac OS X El Capitan. Installing out of sequence will result in Jump Clients being unreachable, and requiring Jump Clients to be redeployed.
- El Capitan reports the Bomgar rep console as not signed correctly when in fact it is.
- When opening the Bomgar rep console DMG, the Finder window is blank. Closing the window and using Finder in details view will allow moving the rep console to /Applications at which point it will work.
- When using application sharing, unshared apps become visible when the Start Menu is opened.
- ClickOnce does not work with the Microsoft Edge (Spartan) browser.
- Only one Windows 10 application is shown in the Application Sharing list. If that one application is set to block, all Windows 10 applications will block.
- The desktop background does not return after a screen sharing session is ended.
- Discontinued support of Windows Server 2000 on Jumpoints, Integration Clients and the Bomgar Connection Agent with Bomgar Release 15.1.1.
- Supports API version 1.13.0.
- Supports upgrades from 14.3.2+.
- Requires Integration Client 1.3.10+.
- No longer allowing backups to be restored from versions older than 14.1.0.
- Bomgar 15.1.4 release is certified with the following Bomgar Mobile versions:
- Samsung Customer Client (version 2.2.6+)
- Android Customer Client (version 2.2.5+)
- iOS™ Customer Client (version 2.2.2+)
- iOS™ Rep Console (version 2.2.5+)
- Android Rep Console (version 2.2.4+)
- NOTE: The above mobile apps require trusted CA-signed certificates on the appliance.