- This version of Bomgar has been certified for physical Bomgar appliances (B200, B300 & B400) and virtual as well as cloud deployment models.
- Both Physical and Virtual Appliances as well as the cloud deployment model require Base software 4.2.2 or later before installing Bomgar 15.1.1.
- Cloud Deployment Model – Introducing a new cloud based deployment method providing Appliance as a Service. For details including licensing, pricing and more, visit www.bomgar.com .
- Bomgar Button Install Directory – Install Bomgar Buttons to a specified custom directory on remote Windows machines via a command line argument.
- Bomgar Link - More efficient and convenient ways to integrate Bomgar with other systems via programmatic links.
- Canned Scripts Enhancements – Use of pre-written scripts directly from the Screen Sharing interface without having to switch over to the Command Shell.
- Chat Enhancements – More efficient control of multiple chat windows with both representatives and customers simultaneously, including chat window scalability and enhanced chat notifications in both directions. Easily elevate chat to a full-support session.
- License Pools - Expanded flexibility into license management. Configure pools to reflect the structure of your support organization and ensure that each pool has the exact licenses to which it is entitled.
- RDP File Transfer - In a Microsoft® Remote Desktop Protocol session, copy and paste files from one system to another using the integrated clipboard functionality.
- Reporting API Enhancements – More efficient, comprehensive reporting is now available through Real-time Dashboard Statistics and Representative Activity Reporting. Develop deep, real-time reporting to quickly analyze support center activity in your organization. Report on support representative activity regardless of whether they are in a support session or not, using metrics such as time available, busy, in concurrent sessions, etc.
- Session Recording Enhancements - New M4V recording file format allows easier playback and greater navigation of session recordings.
- Support Workflow - Create complete support workflows and connect them to support teams, representatives, issues, etc. to further streamline session routing and resolution.
- System Generated Email Invites - Leverage the support session invitation email feature by sending email either through the representative's local email account or directly from a central email address. Even representatives without email access or representatives with enterprise email policy restrictions can send session email invitations.
- Atlas environments are now supported on the Virtual Appliance.
- Windows POSReady Support - Now supporting Windows Embedded POSReady 7 default installations.
- Full Language support available.
- Chinese (Simplified)
- Chinese (Traditional)
- Finnish NEW
- Portuguese (Brazil)
- Portuguese (Portugal)
- Spanish (Latin America)
- Spanish (European)
- Fully Configurable SMTP Address - The appliance SMTP from address used when generating alerts is now configurable down to the root domain.
- Security Provider Configuration Enhancements - Improvements to the Security Providers page in /login, as well as enhancements to the clustering logic and advanced configuration management make configuration changes much easier.
- Updated Rep Console Install Behavior – This enhancement allows an option to install the Rep Console without UAC prompts, making it easier for non-admin users to install.
- Failover Warnings - A failover warning email is now sent to the site administrator if the interface on which the shared IP is setup is not connected and automatic failover is enabled.
- Resolved an issue with starting Click-To-Chat sessions through the mobile version of Safari causing two sessions to start.
- Resolved an issue with the Applications Sharing list refreshing and losing the selection the user made.
- Resolved an issue with tabbing between the UI elements of the Customer Client.
- Resolved an issue with some Jump Clients failing to start a session and generating an error message “A session is already spawned”.
- Resolved an issue with enumerating and building the list of available machines via a Jumpoint.
- Resolved an issue with the Virtual Smart Card driver failing to install in certain environments.
- Resolved an issue with Application Sharing on OSX 10.10 causing display issues where you are not able to see portions of the desktop, dock and menu bar.
- Resolved an issue with the Representative Login Schedule message being displayed with the GMT time zone.
- Resolved an issue with long Presentation Agreements not being scrollable in the Flash Presentation.
- Resolved an issue with certain Special Actions being shown when the user was logged in and the session was at the logon screen.
- Resolved an issue with Extended Availability being available to Representatives that were not in a team.
- Resolved an issue with Annotations not drawing on top of Windows 8+ “Metro” applications including the Start Screen.
- Resolved an issue with disabling the Clipboard synchronization not working in RDP sessions.
- Resolved an issue with some keystrokes not appearing when typing quickly through screen sharing to console/telnet type windows.
- Resolved an issue with modifier keys sometimes interfering with injecting logical keys.
- Resolved an issue that could result in a failure when importing a Registry File.
- Resolved an issue with the Rep Console having problems after changing data in Registry Access.
- Resolved an issue that allowed specific Representative chat members to be selected when no individual Representative chat functionality is allowed.
- Resolved an issue with some types of Rep Exit Surveys not enforcing the “answer required” option.
- Resolved an issue with invalid text being displayed for Click-To-Chat session tabs.
- Resolved an issue with “?” showing up in the Support Session API report for the values of the Registry items changed.
- Resolved an issue that occurred when downloading the Customer Client from Support Portals that used redirection to a non-standard port.
- Increased the maximum length of Display Names to 255 characters.
- Resolved an issue with permissions where Bomgar Buttons could being deployed to a team that a Representative was not a member of.
- Resolved an issue with displaying the username instead of the Representative’s Private Name on the Licensing page. Also, Embassies will no longer be displayed unless there is at least one Embassy user using a License.
- Resolved an issue with some Outbound Event emails sometimes being delayed.
As always with our major releases, a big thanks goes to our Early Adopters! With your help, the following resolved issues have also been included in this release.
- Resolved an issue with API commands not working because of network restrictions.
- Resolved an issue with upgrading from pre-15.1.x causing a blank Custom Rep Link to be created when there was not one prior to the upgrade.
- Resolved an issue with the Localization and Reports tabs showing for Embassy users.
- Resolved an issue with deleted Jumpoints not being removed from Group Policies.
- Resolved an issue with the Default Group Policy settings not being overridden correctly after an upgrade to 15.1.x.
- Resolved an issue with Passive Jump Clients failing after upgrading to 15.1.x.
- Resolved an issue with the Android Rep Console showing the “Displays” button even if the customer only had one monitor.
- Resolved an issue with the Presentation Scheduler email settings not accepting special characters.
- Resolved an issue after upgrading where the Home tab in the Rep Console sometimes would not display.
- Resolved an issue with Screen Sharing stopping when RDP reconnects did not timeout.
- Resolved an issue with the tooltip not displaying correctly for the Custom Link button.
- Resolved an issue with the Session Assignment Alert window not being resizable.
- Updated the drag icon for Dockable Widgets so as not to be confused with similar icons in the Rep Console.
- Resolved an issue resulting in LDAP user authentication failures for Active Directory when the DN contains a backslash character.
- Resolved an issue with deleted LDAP accounts still being shown in searches of the LDAP provider.
- Resolved an issue with Test Settings in a clustered Security Provider setup.
- Resolved an issue with browsing LDAP providers failing unless they were synced twice.
- Resolved an issue with LDAP groups not displaying correctly if the group contains other objects.
- API version increased to 1.13.0.
- Supports upgrades from 14.3.2+.
- Requires Integration Client 1.13.10.
- Discontinued support of Windows Server 2000 on Jumpoints, Integration Clients and the Bomgar Connection Agent.
- Bomgar 15.1.1 release is certified with the following Bomgar Mobile versions:
- Samsung Customer Client & Android Customer Client (version 2.2.5+)
- iOS™ Customer Client (version 2.2.2+)
- iOS™ Rep Console (version 2.2.5+)
- Android Rep Console (version 2.2.4+)
- NOTE: The above mobile apps require trusted CA-signed certificates on the appliance.