- This version of Bomgar has been certified for physical Bomgar appliances (B200, B300 & B400).
- Physical Appliance requires Base software 3.3.2 or later before installing Bomgar 13.1.1.
- [Added July 22, 2013] Virtual Appliance requires Base software 3.3.5 or later before installing Bomgar 13.1.1.
- 13.1 documentation
- Upgrade Guide
- Presentation Enhancements - The new capabilities include a streamlined interface for presenters, an audio conference template to keep the audience in sync, an increased number of allowed attendees, and a Flash attendee client.
- Presentation-Only Rep Console
- More attendees
- Presentation Collapse Tab
- Audio Template
- Flash Attendee Client
- Access to all Jump Clients in the System - Organizations can now segment Jump Clients by teams while still allowing a select group of reps access to all Jump Clients.
- * Jump To Enhancements: Virtual Smart Card w/Push Start - When starting a Jump To session on a local network, support reps can specify credentials using a smart card. Additionally based on Rep configuration, virtual smart card driver can be automatically installed on the remote computer.
- Private Display Names for Reps - All reps may now have two separate display names: a Private display name for internal use and a Public display name for external use.
- Show My Screen Session Recordings - Video recordings are now available when a rep uses the Show My Screen capability during a support session.
- Persistent Team Queues - A queue configured to be persistent allows customers to initiate sessions with that queue even when no reps on that team are logged in.
- Group Policy Usability Improvements – In the administrative interface, Administrators can now view a user’s Group Policy membership under the Edit User page, and team memberships assigned via Group Policies can now be viewed under Team Edit page.
- Appliance Integration with Dell KACE - Gives you the ability to integrate your Bomgar appliance directly with a Dell KACE K1000 Systems Management Appliance.
- * iOS Enterprise App Store Support - Deploy Bomgar iOS Rep Console in restricted environments that do not have access to the Apple App Store.
- Mobile SDKs for iOS and Android - Using Bomgar SDK for iOS or Android, Application Developers will be able to embed Bomgar’s Remote Support Technology in their own iOS and Android applications.
- Enhanced Android Support - Bomgar’s mobile support capabilities for all Android devices now include Co-Browsing, Secure Session Chat, and Remote Screen Capture.
- Customer Client Splash Screen - When starting a support session, customers will see a small splash screen immediately after launching the Customer Client providing visual confirmation that their support session is about to begin.
- Canned Message Management - Working with Canned Messages is now much easier and flexible for both administrators and representatives.
- Rep Console Enhancements - The Rep Console user interface has been modified to better address workflows and team scalability.
- Home tab shows all of your queues vs. tab-per-queue
- The queues interface provides built-in dashboard functionality, so no more dashboard tab
- Larger “sliding” chat pane is easier to quickly view & dismiss
- Pull session tabs to detach from the interface, and close them to reattach
- The Summary tab is now integrated as part of the chat pane
- Invited Reps can view chat history before they joined the session
- Smaller remote resolutions automatically zoom to fit the rep’s screen
- Edit a Jump Client’s properties as you pin
- Local/Remote mouse cursor switches automatically
- File Transfer Enhancements - When using the File Transfer tool during a support session, support reps now have the ability to rename and delete files or folders, as well as view the UNC paths of any mapped drives on the remote computer.
- Reps get visual feedback while waiting for the customer client to elevate
- Prompting permissions per Jump Client - Provides more granular control over the customer client prompting per endpoint instead of only per rep.
- A “Gear” button to show/hide advanced support session controls has been added under the “Play” button.
- Performance improvements of the Command Shell when the customer on Windows.
- Resolved an issue with some reports not showing up when using the customer’s name as a filter after upgrading to 13.1.x.
- Resolved an issue causing presentation name and presenter name not to show in reports if the presentation ended before the Attendee entered their name to join the presentation.
- Resolved an issue causing failed login when making multiple simultaneous requests to an authenticated API using the same user account.
- Resolved an issue causing newline characters to show up in Support Session Reports.
- Resolved an issue where a Rep with access to a Jumpoint could attempt to do a Local Jump without proper permission.
- Resolved an issue where the session_owner was not set when using the API.
- Resolved an issue causing the All Representatives chat list to not sort alphabetically.
- Resolved an issue with using the % sign in chat messages.
- Resolved an issue with not being able to see multiple monitor previews until after they are selected.
- Resolved an issue causing black screens to occasionally show on the Command Shell window after resizing.
- Resolved an issue with the session termination drop down box rearranging when the customer leaves the session.
- Resolved an issue with the Rep Console not always restoring to its previous position after it was minimized.
- Resolved an issue where Rep Consoles behind authenticating proxies would always prompt for credentials after an upgrade.
- Resolved an issue with a portion of the screen not taking input when the sidebar is extended and pinned.
- Resolved an issue causing elevation to intermittently freeze the Customer Client.
- Resolved an issue causing Aero to not restore after a session has ended if the Mirror Driver was previously installed.
- Resolved an issue when supporting a remote Mac where characters would to be skipped if they were typed fast.
- Resolved an issue causing duplicate Application Sharing entries to show up on Macs.
- Resolved an issue with Jump Clients failing to spawn a Customer Client on Mac OS X 10.4.
- Resolved an issue with Passive Jump Clients not immediately checking in after an upgrade.
- NOTE: After upgrading from versions less than 13.1.1, the Passive Jump Client could take up to 24 hours to check-in after the upgrade has occurred.
- Resolved an issue with one Rep leaving a session in which multiple Reps had jumped causing all of the Reps to be removed from the session.
- Resolved an issue where Jump Clients would not prompt for credentials when using the System Tray icon to redetect proxy settings even though the Jump Client was behind an authenticating proxy.
- Resolved an issue with setting the Maximum number of Jump Client upgrades to 0 not disabling all of the Jump Clients from upgrading.
- Resolved an issue causing “UNKNOWN” to be logged when editing a Kerberos Security Provider.
- Resolved an issue with vPro sessions not using the selected screen sharing quality settings when starting sessions.
- Resolved an issue where only the first instance of %REP_NAME% macro would be replaced with the Rep’s name.
Items with an asterisk (*) require an Enterprise license
Updated API Version to 1.10.0
Integration Client (126.96.36.1991) is compatible with 11.1.3 and greater versions
Bomgar 13.1.1 release works with the following Bomgar Mobile versions:
iOS™ & Android Customer Clients (version 2.1.0+)
iOS™ & Android Rep Consoles (version 2.2.0+)
NOTE: The above mobile apps require trusted CA-signed certificates on the appliance.