Bomgar 12.3.4 is a full maintenance release. Be sure to check out the release notes for 12.3.1 and 12.3.2 to see what else is in this release series! If you are currently on an older version of Bomgar, contact Support today to discuss any prerequisites that you may need to meet prior to upgrading.
- This maintenance release version of Bomgar has been certified for physical appliances (B100, B200, B300 & B400)
- Physical appliances require base software version 3.3.2, 3.4.0, or later before installing Bomgar 12.3.4
New Features & Enhancements
- Language support has been added to the 12.3 series
- Chinese (Simplified)
- Portuguese (Brazil)
- Portuguese (Portugal)
- Spanish (Latin America)
- Spanish (European)
- Access to all Jump Clients in the system - Organizations can now segment Jump Clients by teams while still allowing a select group of reps access to all Jump Clients.
- Prompting permissions per Jump Client - Provides more granular control over the customer client prompting per endpoint.
- The join_session API command will now accept either the Rep’s username or the Rep’s ID.
- Customers can now use their Samsung device’s web browser to start a session from a web link.
- Increased the Description Field length for Issue Submission in order to better accommodate multi-byte characters.
- Added a default Android Customer Client skin.
- Windows 8 is now certified on 12.3.4 and later versions.
- Resolved an issue causing the Presentation tab to be available in Reports for Embassy users.
- Resolved an issue allowing users without permission to view a Session Recording.
- Resolved an issue in the Support Session detailed report not showing the proper translation of “Click-To-Chat”.
- Resolved an issue with the Start Session API not allowing the integrators to specify which protocol they wanted to use when starting sessions.
- Resolved an issue with the wrong Session Key timeout being used when no TTL value was specified in the API request.
- Resolved an issue with the start_session.js API function not working properly with IE7.
- Resolved an issue with making multiple simultaneous requests to an authenticated API using the same user account.
- Resolved an issue with the box listing Embassy members, Add button, and Remove button not showing.
- Resolved an issue with Embassy users having certain permissions that they should not have by default.
Group Policy & Users
- Resolved an issue with saving Group Policies with more than 1000 users.
- Resolved an issue with not being able to edit the Login Schedule fields after copying a Group Policy.
- Resolved an issue with LDAP security providers not being able to login to Chat Only sites.
- Resolved an issue with some properties of the User Accounts page and the My Account page not writing to syslog correctly.
- Resolved an issue with a wrong error message being shown when trying to establish a failover relationship.
- Resolved an issue with Rep Console having problems with local Push and Start after a previous BRCS local Jump attempt failed.
- Resolved various issues with Windows Command Shell performance.
- Resolved an issue with the Screen Sharing button being active on Chat Only users if they were in a Group Policy.
- Resolved an issue with Brazilian keyboards set to ABNT2 sending the wrong character to the customer machine when “.” Is pressed.
- Resolved an issue with the Mirror Driver set to install by default when installing the Rep Console.
- Resolved an issue with running some un-elevated Special Actions while the session was elevated.
- Resolved an issue with the Jump Client details window not updating.
- Resolved an issue with black annotations not drawing correctly on Windows Customer Clients if 32bit color was not used.
- Resolved an issue with Ctrl-Alt-Delete special action not working while in Safe Mode.
- Resolved an issue with the Windows Shutdown submenu sometimes not showing correctly.
- Resolved an issue with not being able to send “Ctrl+]” through screen sharing.
- Resolved an issue with the Right-Shift key sometimes getting stuck.
- Resolved an issue with Jump Client groups not showing up in lists if group names only differed in case sensitivity.
- Resolved an issue with the mouse not syncing correctly in Windows 8 if the DPI was set to higher than 100%.
- Resolved an issue with pressing the Copy External Key button after another Rep has taken the session.
- Resolved an issue with the Aero theme not being restored on Customer machines after ending the session if the Mirror Driver was installed.
- Resolved an issue with the green Mirror Driver border sometimes not showing when screen sharing first starts.
- Resolved issues with Session Prompting and Session Notifications not working properly.
- Resolved an issue with the Session Key Quick Start button still being available in the Rep Console even though the “Allowed to generate session keys” field is disabled in /login.
- Resolved an issue with some session assignment errors being displayed on Windows 8.
- Resolved an issue with Push URL not working on Windows 8 if the Customer Client is elevated.
- Resolved an issue where the Customer Client would sometimes exit instead of reconnecting after being unable to connect to the appliance.
- Resolved an issue with Cached Credentials being cleared after switching users and performing a Reboot and Reconnect.
- Resolved several issue related to the Annotations toolbar fading when a sub menu was being displayed.
- Resolved an issue with attendees being able to join a Presentation that had been deleted.
- Resolved an issue with the Click-To-Chat client not updating the Rep Console that the customer was typing.
- Resolved an issue with messages not being localized when displayed through a Click-To-Chat session.
- Resolved an issue with Embedded Bomgar Buttons sometimes appearing over the Maximize button for the window.
- Resolved an issue with Bomgar Buttons not being able to be uninstalled using MSI.
- Resolved an issue with the CPU activity being reported in the Jump Client statistics window.
- Resolved an issue with manually check-in of a Passive Jump Client.
- Resolved an issue with Jump Clients always showing the Uninstall and Disable System Tray options when the Jump Client is first deployed.
- Resolved an issue with vPro hardware KVM timing out.
- Resolved an issue where some vPro configurations don’t enable KVM.
- Resolved an issue with users from the “Users group” being able to read the Jumpoint ini configuration file.
- Resolved an issue with using the Jumpoint’s operating system to determine key input behavior instead of the system that was being SSH’ed into.
- Resolved an issue with User Consent prompting when using IDER even though the setting is set to only prompt for KVM.
- Resolved an issue with some Mac Jump Clients bouncing offline and online after a site upgrade.
- Resolved an issue with jumping to a Mac while the screen was asleep.
- Resolved an issue with screen sharing not updating after creating a new user and using Fast User Switching to login to that user.
- Resolved an issue where the text in the Generate Session Key window could sometimes get cut off.
- Resolved an issue with Network Statistics on Mac when in an elevated session.
- Resolved an issue with multi-byte characters not being sent through chat on Macs.
- Resolved an issue with the Rep Console sometimes freezing when a prompt is already up and another prompt comes in.
- Resolved an issue with large Customer Client Terms and Agreements causing the Accept or Decline buttons to not be visible.
- Resolved an issue causing user creation problems when upgrading from a site with languages enabled to a site with languages disabled.
- Resolved an issue with some Dates and Times not being displayed correctly.
- Resolved an issue with very long Team names causing the Group Policy page to expand which would require scrolling to be able to edit Group Policies. Now hovering the mouse over the Team name will show the whole Team name without increasing the page width.
- Resolved an issue where disabling Session Keys on the Public Portal also disabled Session Key links generated from the Rep Console.
- Resolved an issue with lines wrapping in the Customer Exit Survey in some browsers.
- Auto-complete for the Login page has been disabled.
- Resolved an issue with the Canned Script description on the Canned Scripts page not formatting correctly.
- Resolved an issue with the user selection on the Jumpoint page becoming too small after many users have been added in Internet Explorer 7.
- Resolved an issue with Proxy Detection in an Atlas environment.
- Resolved an issue with NTLM Authenticating proxies failing to connect in Atlas environments.
- Resolved an issue with some ini files not preserving the encryption on proxy credentials after an upgrade.
- Integration Client (22.214.171.1244) is compatible with 12.3.4 and previous versions
- Bomgar 12.3.4 release works with the following Bomgar Mobile versions:
- iOS™ & Android Customer Clients (version 2.1.0+)
- iOS™ & Android Rep Consoles (version 2.2.0+)
- NOTE: The above mobile apps require trusted CA-signed certificates on the appliance.