- [Updated 8/13/2012] This version of Bomgar has been certified for physical and virtual Bomgar appliances (B100, B200, B300 & B400).
- Physical Appliance requires Base software 3.3.2 or later before installing Bomgar 12.2.1.
- [Updated 8/13/2012] Virtual Appliance requires base software version 3.3.3 or later before installing Bomgar 12.2.1.
Optimize for Productivity
- Automatic Session Distribution: Skills-based Routing* - Enables automatic routing of support sessions to the best-equipped available representative based on pre-defined skills. Routing the end-user to the rep that’s best suited to fix their specific issue reduces transfers and escalations, improving first contact resolution (FCR) and the end-user’s experience.
- Annotations - Annotation tools enhance the ability to teach customers using Bomgar, resulting in reduced customer call backs, lower costs, and a better experience for support. Annotations are also available during presentations.
- In-Queue Notifications
- Customer Notices* - Notify customers, as they are requesting support, of broad IT outages to avoid flooding your Bomgar Representatives with issues.
- In-Queue Feedback* - Provide feedback to the customer of their support session status, such as position in queue and estimated wait time.
- Group Policy Template - Copy an existing group policy to create a new policy with similar members and permissions. You also can export a group policy and import those permissions into a policy on another site.
- Group Policy UI Enhancements - Group Policy performance enhancements will greatly benefit Bomgar customers with a large number of Group Policies that experience challenges accessing the web interface to make Group Policy changes.
- Promote New Features - Promote new Bomgar features and capabilities to Administrators.
Optimize for Security
- Restrict Rep Access to Customer Client - Security is always the top priority at Bomgar. This feature will allow Bomgar administrators to restrict their support teams’ ability to control the Customer Client through screen sharing.
- Post Session Lock - If a session running elevated privileges ends, Bomgar will ensure that permissions are reset to the logged in user settings.
- Simpler SSL Configuration - This feature makes SSL configuration more streamlined for non-SSL experts.
- More Reboot options are now available when supporting a remote Windows system.
- Jump Clients are now accessible when the remote system is in safe mode.
- Date formats are now validated when passed as API parameters.
- Customer Exit Surveys are now shown even when the session is set to lock the screen upon exit.
As always with our major releases, a big thanks goes to our Early Adopters! With your help, the following resolved issues have also been included in this release. In addition, all of the recent features, enhancements, and issues resolved in our 12.1.5 release (except translations) are included in Bomgar 12.2.1.
- Resolved an issue with Public Site addresses incorrectly being case sensitive.
- Resolved an issue with the session recording download bar not finishing correctly when a session that has never been downloaded is downloaded using Chrome or Firefox.
- Resolved an issue where invalid URLs were accepted in some settings on the /login interface.
- Resolved an issue where a grey screen appeared when running on a system with a low resolution while supporting a mobile device.
- Resolved an issue where the right-click menu sometimes remained after clicking off the Rep Console system tray icon.
- Resolved an issue where screen sharing would not restart after a reboot and reconnect in certain scenarios.
- Resolved an issue with the New Session notification not going away if the Rep accepts the session.
- Resolved an issue with sorting in the Dashboard.
- Resolved an issue with BRCS “delete_script_file” action not always working when run on Macs.
- Resolved an issue with installing the Rep Console on Kubuntu 11.10.
- Resolved an issue with Send File and Open File not working on Ubuntu 12.0.4.
- Resolved an issue with occasional screen sharing performance issues on Windows operating systems.
- Resolved an issue with Bomgar Buttons not uninstalling properly after upgrade.
- Resolved an issue where the attendee acceptance window would appear behind the Presentation window.
- Resolved an issue where a presentation’s Quality selection was not displaying the correct state.
- Resolved an issue with loading iOS Config Profiles onto the device.
- Resolved an issue with the timestamps on BlackBerry showing GMT time.
- Resolved an issue with accepting or rejecting sessions on older Windows Mobile 6.5 Professional devices.
- Items with an asterisk (*) require an Enterprise license.
- Updated API Version to 1.8.1.
- Integration Client (188.8.131.521) is compatible with 12.2.1 and previous versions.
- Bomgar 12.2.1 release works with the following Bomgar Mobile versions:
- iOSTM & Android Customer Clients (version 2.0.1+)
- iOSTM & Android Rep Consoles (version 2.1.0+)
- NOTE: The above mobile apps require trusted CA-signed certificates on the appliance.