Bomgar 11.1.3 is a full maintenance release, and is the first version of the 11.1 series to include language support. This release also includes several enhancements and issue resolutions for the iPad Rep Console. Thanks as always for your continued support of the product through your comments and feedback.
Please note that if you are currently running an earlier major version of Bomgar, such as 10.6.x, be sure to contact our Support team today to discuss any prerequisites that you may need to meet prior to upgrading.
Requirements for 11.1.3:
- This version of Bomgar has been certified for use with all physical Bomgar appliances (B100, B200, B300 & B400) and the Virtual Appliance
- Physical appliances require base software version 3.2.4 or later before installing Bomgar 11.1.3
- The Virtual appliance requires base software version 3.2.3 or later before installing Bomgar 11.1.3
New Features and Enhancements:
- Single finger touch and hold on the iOS Rep Console now shows the location of the remote cursor.
- Console User is now a searchable field in the Jump Client interface.
- Language support has been added to the 11.1 series
- Chinese (Simplified)
- Portuguese (Portugal)
- Portuguese (Brazil)
- Spanish (European)
- Spanish (Latin America)
- Administrative Interface
- Resolved an issue where the “Representatives Logged In” link was incorrectly displayed on failover and traffic nodes.
- Resolved an issue where failover data syncs could stop syncing but not report it.
- The option to run Jump Clients in Legacy mode has been removed. Now all new Jump Clients will run in “Faster User Switching” mode. Note that this only affects Windows XP and Windows Server 2003.
- Resolved several issues with rearranging Security Providers or Group Policies using Internet Explorer 9.
- Resolved an issue where a blank page was being displayed instead of an error message when trying to save a Group Policy with errors.
- Resolved an issue where removing security provider users or groups from an Embassy could appear to work but not actually remove them.
- Resolved an issue where running reports on heavily used appliances could produce in unexpected results.
- Resolved an issue where Embassy names were not always being added to syslog correctly.
- Resolved an issue with clients taking longer than expected to connect when certain ports were blocked to the appliance.
- Resolved an issue with mobile and Click-To-Chat clients not being able to connect to a site if the site was built with only one hostname and port.
- The “Move Selected Jump Clients To Team Queue” and “Move Selected Jump Clients to Representative” window now ignores case sensitivity when sorting.
- Jump Client groups and comments now sort alphabetically.
- Resolved an issue where Screen Sharing could start automatically after being transferred, even if it was stopped before the transfer.
- Resolved an issue with the “spinner” notification still spinning after jumping to multiple Jump Clients.
- Resolved an issue where the reverse connect button could get stuck when multiple Reps are in a session.
- Resolved an issue where the focus could be set incorrectly on the “Elevate Customer Client” window.
- Resolved an issue where the Transfer button was not disabling after a customer had been kicked out of a session.
- Resolved an issue where copy and paste through screen sharing would not work correctly when pasting text the first time, then start working on subsequent paste attempts.
- Resolved an issue where the “clear search” buttons would stay when the search field was empty.
- Now when the Rep Console upgrades, a notification appears if another user is currently logged into the same Rep Console as another user on that system.
- Resolved an issue where occasionally the login window would not close after logging in to the Rep Console.
- Resolved an issue where Passive Jump Clients could incorrectly display a status of “Unknown” under certain conditions.
- Resolved an issue where choosing “Best Fit” with Show My Screen from a Mac OS X 10.7 Lion Rep Console was not working correctly.
- Resolved an issue where the computer name for a Mac Jump Client may be displayed incorrectly.
- When supporting a remote Mac OS X 10.7 Lion system, the rep is notified that Software Updates cannot be shown unless the Customer Client is elevated.
- Resolved an issue where switching monitors while in a presentation on Linux could cause undesired behavior from the Rep Console.
- “Detecting proxy settings…” has been replaced with “Detecting Connection Settings…” to avoid confusion.
- Resolved an issue where the numeric session keys would not appear if all the entries for “Site Aliases” were removed on Standard License sites.
- Resolved an issue where the Customer Client would disconnect after a VPN connection was dropped.
- The Customer Client is now downloaded as zip files instead of dmg files when using Safari on OS X 10.7 Lion.
- Resolved an issue where Customer Exit Surveys were not displaying if the customer’s machine was running on battery power.
- Resolved an issue where System Information was not being logged correctly on Linux Customer Clients.
- Resolved an issue where Click-To-Chat clients were not able to connect to an appliance with an empty Common Name field in its SSL certificate.
- The Jump Client reconnect process was improved to help out in situations where the ini file becomes corrupted.
- Resolved an issue with Passive Jump Clients taking longer than needed to come back online after a site upgrade.
- Resolved an issue where Jump Clients stop working after a RDP session occurred on a remote Windows XP system.
- Resolved a typo in the error message that is displayed when using an older Jump Client mass-deploy installer after upgrading a site.
- Resolved an issue where Jumpoints would uninstall themselves if they lose their connection to the appliance for more than 30 days.
- Resolved an issue where Jumpoints were not installing properly on Windows 2000.
- Resolved an issue with Mac Application Sharing on smaller monitors.
- Resolved an issue where under certain conditions the various Mac clients could crash on startup of the application.
iPad Rep Console
- Resolved an issue with the iPad Rep Console not honoring port restrictions.
- Resolved an issue where Reps could send Special Actions with the iPad Rep Console even when they don’t have permission to do so.
- Resolved an issue where the top row of keys was not displayed if the three-finger gesture was used to bring up the keyboard.
- For the list of iPad Rep Console release notes, view the “What’s New” section on the iTunes entry.
- Resolved an issue where some mobile devices could not connect to the appliance when only one port was configured.
- Resolved an issue where Android clients could not connect to the appliance when session keys were set to “API Only”.
- Resolved an issue with mobile device overlays not working properly with Representative Consoles running on systems with lower screen bit depths (e.g. 16-bit).
- Resolved an issue with the screen sharing and System Info tabs not appearing when there were Unicode characters in the Owner’s name.
- Resolved an issue with Windows Mobile clients were unable to connect to the appliance if the Customer Client was configured to start minimized.