Bomgar 11.1.2 is a full maintenance release, and is the first version of the 11.1 series certified for the Virtual Appliance. If you are using a Virtual Appliance, be sure to check out the release notes for 11.1.1 to see what else is in this release!
- This version of Bomgar has been certified for use with all Bomgar physical appliances (B100, B200, B300, B400 and the Virtual Appliance)
- Physical appliances require base software version 3.2.4 or later before installing Bomgar 11.1.2
- Virtual Appliance requires base software version 3.2.3 or later before installing Bomgar 11.1.2
- Improved Mac OS X Lion support allows reps to provide even better remote support. Bomgar on Lion now supports Elevation, viewing multiple monitors, Jump Clients, and more.
- When supporting a remote Mac OS X Lion system in user mode the Software Update section of the System Information is now disabled until elevated.
- When supporting a remote Windows system from a Mac Rep Console, tapping the Option key sends Alt to the remote system.
- Reps can now select multiple Jump Clients and set the “Start Sessions Quietly” setting for them en masse.
- Single-clicking the Mac Rep Console dock icon now brings up the login window.
- The Jump Client session “spinner” timeout was increased to 2 minutes, giving reps better feedback when waiting for low-bandwidth connections to complete.
- When a team lead or manager attempts to take over a session, a new notification window will appear if the Take Over feature has been disabled.
- The /login Status page has been broken out into tabs: Information and Representatives. The Information tab contains most of legacy info, while the Representatives tab shows the list of currently logged in reps.
- Administrative Interface
- The permission to edit iOS profiles is now reflected in the syslog as “edit_ios_content” instead of “edit_iphone_content”.
- The default value for the “Do not assign sessions if the rep. has been idle for at least” setting is now the same for Reps and Embassy users (15 minutes).
- Resolved an issue where Jump Client permissions were still visible on sites built without Jump Client capabilities.
- Resolved an issue where reporting results were not listing session data immediately.
- Resolved an issue where the Support Session Summary report would show an incorrect number of average sessions per weekday when no date range filter was specified.
- Resolved an issue where the “Include only completed sessions” setting was not being honored.
- Resolved an issue where the Public portal and API were not honoring the “useragent” preferred language.
- Resolved an issue where performing a cluster data sync from IE 8 could fail with an error message.
- Resolved an issue where pasting text into a text box was causing different behavior across browsers.
- Resolved the known issue of the Mac Rep Console resizing when a Jump Client was selected.
- Resolved an issue where a transferred Jump Client session could end a little too early.
- Resolved an issue where existing groups were not displayed when trying to set or edit a Jump Client’s group.
- Resolved an issue where jumping to a remote Mac OS X Lion system with a display in sleep mode would not allow screen sharing.
- Resolved an issue where the Bomgar Button “Usage Count” metric was incrementing incorrectly.
- Resolved an issue where screen sharing could cut off part of the remote display when supporting a Mac.
- Resolved an issue where, when supporting remote Linux systems, the initial remote mouse pointer could be displayed incorrectly.
- Resolved an issue where the idle rep timeout was being reset incorrectly.
- Resolved an issue where the * key was not being handled correctly in specific scenarios.
- Resolved an issue where some key were not being sent through screen sharing with certain keyboard layouts.
- Resolved an issue where sending the Option keystroke through screen sharing (Mac to Mac) was not always working correctly.
- Resolved an issue where some Jump Client columns were not fully left-justified.
- Resolved an issue where some Bomgar Button columns were not fully left-justified.
- The Rep Console now restricts you from entering more than 2047 characters in the chat box. Previously, only 2047 chars could be sent, but the rep could enter more than that in the chat box.
- Resolved an issue where support reps could send multiple requests for permission (e.g. for screen sharing) before the first request was answered or expired.
- Resolved an issue where the Representative Console could become unstable when transferring a file with a corrupted timestamp.
- Cleaned up some UI inconsistencies throughout the Representative Console.
- When opening and editing a file on a remote system, incremental saves to the open file now prompt the rep to save it on the remote system. Previously, reps were only prompted once during an editing session.
iPad Rep Console
- The iPad Rep Console now auto-reconnects whenever network connectivity drops and returns. If login credentials are remembered, then the login prompt is not displayed.
- Resolved an issue where the Monitor Indicator (watermark) could disappear during a support session when it should still be shown.
- Resolved an issue where the Jump Client dock icon would disappear after upgrading Bomgar. Note: rebooting the system would bring the icon back, but is no longer required.
- Resolved an issue where the Customer Client would show “Bomgar [NULL]” whenever a remote Mac customer selected to share Bomgar with a rep in the application sharing interface.
- Updated the Customer Client label to “Bomgar Customer Client” instead of just “Bomgar” when running in Gnome environments.
- Resolved an issue where multiple Application Sharing windows could be displayed on the remote system.
- Resolved an issue where the names of months and days were not translated in the Schedule Presentation window.
- Non-English translations for Bomgar 11.1 will be available in an upcoming maintenance release. If you need to provide remote support in a language other than English, ask our support team about Bomgar 10.6.5, our latest translated release.
- Integration Client (18.104.22.1685) is compatible with Bomgar 11.1.2 as well as previous versions of Bomgar.
- Bomgar Analytics Workbooks 22.214.171.124 is compatible with Bomgar 11.1.2 and requires the following:
- Bomgar Analytics 6.0.7
- Metrics Plugin (126.96.36.1990)
There is a known issue with mobile device overlays not working properly with Representative Consoles running on systems with lower screen bit depths (e.g. 16-bit).