- This version of Bomgar has been certified for physical Bomgar appliances (B100, B200, B300 & B400) with Base software 3.2.4 or later.
- A certified version of Bomgar 11.1 will be available for virtual appliance customers soon.
- Note that the API version has been incremented to 1.6.0 with this release
- For Support Administrators
- Embassy Authentication* - Administrators can now integrate Embassy users with a security provider to enable the same authentication support as non-Embassy users.
- Disable Session Key Generation - By disabling Session Key generation from the Rep Console, administrators can explicitly require external session key generation, ensuring that each session is linked with the appropriate external key.
- Mobile System Info Logging - More detailed system information for mobile devices, (such as battery, memory, and much more) can now be logged. Administrators can also choose to log a smaller set of information for lower bandwidth situations.
- Customer Client Startup Options - A new site-wide setting determines whether the Customer Client should start in Full Chat mode, Normal mode (with the chat area hidden), or with the entire client minimized to the task bar. The “minimized” option can be applied to Attended sessions, Jump Client sessions, and Jumpoint sessions.
- Inactive Session Timeout - Set a site-wide timeout for idle reps, effectively pushing them out of a session after a designated length of inactivity. This helps you meet compliance initiatives that carry inactivity requirements.
- Session Handling APIs - The API has been extended to enable a rep to join an existing session and to connect programmatically to a Jump Client.
- Bomgar Rep Console Scripting (BRCS) - Create scripts that use the API to generate session keys and automatically associate them with external keys.
- Uninterrupted License Updates - Once you upgrade to 11.1, changes to your license count can now be applied without having to restart the Bomgar software.
For Support Reps
- iPad Rep Console - Deliver remote support to your customers and employees directly from the iPad. You can even access your Jump Clients while on the go.
- Android Support - Now your employees and end users with Android-powered smartphones and tablets can get the assistance they need to be more productive while mobile.
- Jump Client Scalability - Representatives and administrators can deploy non-persistent (passive) Jump Clients that listen for connections. With both persistent and non-persistent Jump Clients, you can support even more unattended systems.
- Rep Console Improvements - Notifications are a new visual element to help you see support sessions that are available to you. Also, a completely revamped Jump Client interface organizes your list of Jump Clients and loads them faster than ever.
- Rep Console Custom Link - With one click you now have access to your web-based CRM or helpdesk tracking tools, even integrating with your sessions’ external keys.
- Enhanced Multi-Monitor Support - Now you can view all remote monitors in a single view or use the thumbnail view of all individual monitors in the Bomgar Representative Console.
- [UPDATED JULY 15] Representatives can now provide support both to and from Mac OS X Lion!
- Administrative Interface
- Administrators can now choose which Teams’ issues are listed on the default public site.
- The wording for all Jump Client user permissions has been updated for clarity.
- The upgrade and backup/restore functions have been optimized to run more efficiently, especially for sites with very large amounts of reporting data.
- Administrators now have the option to force an appliance to become a backup, even if it cannot communicate with its peer.
- New “What’s This” tooltips in the Rep Console have been added for the Send and Push URL buttons.
- Reps can now sort their scheduled presentations in the Rep Console.
A big thanks goes to our Early Adopters! With your help, the following resolved issues have also been included in this release. In addition, all of the recent features, enhancements, and issues resolved in our 10.6.4 release (except translations) are included in Bomgar 11.1.1.
- Administrative Interface
- Resolved an issue where multiple backup and restore operations could occur simultaneously. An error message is now displayed before this occurs.
- Resolved an issue where reps could pin Jump Clients to teams that they were not members of and without having the appropriate permissions to do so.
- The “join_session” API call now returns clearer messaging when a specified rep is not available.
- Resolved an issue where the SupportSessionListing report was not correctly listing sessions with recordings.
- Resolved an issue where some browsers would always prompt to Save or Open BRCS files.
- Resolved an issue where Jump Client sessions were taking longer than usual to start.
- Resolved an issue where the Jump buttons could reflect different states (one enabled while the other disabled).
- Resolved an issue where Canned Messages were not showing up in the Rep Console when a large number of Canned Messages are configured.
- Resolved an issue where screen sharing in EA builds was slower than expected.
- Resolved an issue where the Rep Console in EA builds would list all items in the Jump Client context menu, regardless of a rep’s permissions.
- Resolved an issue where the Panic Button was not fully revoking a support rep’s permissions.
- A new confirmation box now appears when selecting to change a Jump Client from Active to Passive.
- Resolved an issue where the multi-display thumbnails were not showing correctly when supporting a remote Mac.
- Resolved an issue where Rep Console notifications were not showing in the correct corner for new users.
- The “Set Group” dialog in the Rep Console was redesigned for clarity.
- Resolved an issue where the Linux Rep Console could have trouble connecting to the appliance when a proxy was between the two.
- Resolved an issue where the Linux Rep Console could freeze for several seconds when going from Show My Screen to regular Screen Sharing.
- Resolved an issue where the 64-bit Rep Console MSI installers were installing files in the “Program Files (x86)” directory instead of the “Program Files” directory.
- Jump Client interface enhancements..
- Resolved an issue where emailed session URLs that were generated from the “Start…” menu were missing the “http://” prefix.
iPad Rep Console
- The iPad Rep Console’s session queue tab now glows orange and the “new session” sound plays whenever a session is started.
- The iPad Rep Console now includes a “Shake For Help” dialog which displays all of the available gestures.
- Resolved a known issue in EA builds where the iPad Rep Console was not working with clustered sites.
- Resolved an issue with the iPad Rep Console where dismissing the chat window was not saving text that had been entered but not yet submitted.
- Resolved an issue where Access Sponsor requests were able to be sent when Sponsors were logged into the iPad Rep Console.
- Resolved an issue where Jump Clients were not displayed in the correct queues when pinned through the iPad Rep Console.
- Resolved an issue with the iPad Rep Console where the session toolbar icons were not disabling after the customer had ended the session.
- The customer client’s “Last Good” proxy memory has been improved to help reduce connection times.
- Resolved an issue where the “Detecting Proxy” dialog could appear in the upper left corner of the customer’s screen instead of the middle.
- The Customer Client’s proxy detection now defaults to non-authenticating ports when available.
- Resolved an issue where when entering proxy credentials, the Customer Client did not support the domain\login format.
- Resolved an issue where screen sharing prompts were not timing out for Jump Clients pinned to an Embassy.
- Resolved an issue where some Jump Clients were not uninstalling properly when uninstalled from the command line.
- Resolved an issue where Mac Presentation attendees remained listed as attendees for several minutes after they had left the Presentation.
- Items with an asterisk (*) require an Enterprise license
- Non-English translations for Bomgar 11.1 will be available in an upcoming maintenance release. If you need to provide remote support in a language other than English, ask our support team about Bomgar 10.6.4, our latest translated release.
- Integration Client (version 184.108.40.2065) is compatible with 11.1.1 as well as previous versions of Bomgar.
- The Android Customer Client (version 2.0.1) and the iPad Rep Console (version 2.0.1) require trusted CA-signed certificates.
- Bomgar Analytics Workbooks 220.127.116.11 is compatible with Bomgar 11.1.1 and requires the following:
- Bomgar Analytics 6.0.7
- Metrics Plugin (version 18.104.22.1680)
- NOTE: For EA customers using Embassies, be sure that you perform a Group Policy sync after upgrading to 11.1.1 to ensure that your Embassy users can log in. Upgrading from 10.6.x to 11.1.1 does not require the GP sync.
- When selecting a Jump Client in the Mac Rep Console, the entire window expands such that you cannot access its bottom-right corner to appropriately resize it.
- [UPDATED 7/15] Application sharing is not currently available to remote Mac OS X Lion users.
- [UPDATED 7/15] At this time, pinning a Jump Client in elevated mode on a remote Mac OS X Lion system is not supported.
- [UPDATED 7/26] Jump Clients installed on remote Mac OS X Lion systems with full disk encryption enabled cannot connect back to the appliance from the login screen. This is due to the fact that the remote system’s network connection is down until an authorized user logs in.
- [UPDATED 8/3] Depending on your Android OS version and device manufacturer, you may notice the presence of the screen sharing tab in the representative console. The screen sharing view that comes through is also dependent on the device you’re supporting - it may be garbled or show nothing at all.