Bomgar 10.6.3 is a full maintenance release that includes all of the recently released features & fixes from 10.5.5, as well as the list of resolved issues below.
As always, if you are currently running an earlier version of Bomgar, such as 10.4.x or 10.5.x, be sure to contact our Support team today to discuss any prerequisites that you may need to meet prior to upgrading.
If you are not yet on Bomgar 10.6 and if you do not need translations, check out all of the new features of Bomgar 10.6 today!
Requirements for 10.6.3:
- This version of Bomgar has been certified for use with all physical Bomgar appliances (B100, B200, B300 & B400)
- Physical appliances require base software version 3.2.2 or later before installing Bomgar 10.6.3
- Administrative Interface
- Resolved an issue where two “Member Departed” events would show in reporting if the rep exit survey was disabled
- Resolved an issue on the failover configuration page where the appliance’s hostname was displayed instead of the failover hostname.
- Resolved an issue where the question text for customer exit surveys could fail to display on the Preview Question page.
- Resolved an issue with customer exit surveys not saving after previewing the questions.
- Resolved an issue where creating a site alias could cause exit survey questions to become blank.
- Added a note for the supported %REP_NAME% macro that can be used in canned messages.
- A note has been added to the Public Portals -> Customer Client page clarifying how the “mailto:” command will respond on different operating systems.
- There is now a limit of 6 simultaneous session recording downloads through the reporting API. When this limit has been reached, an error will be displayed that says, “Too many conversion requests are in progress. Please try again later.”
- Improved the error messages returned when the license type is not supported for a particular report type.
- Resolved an issue where Jumpoint service credentials were cleared upon upgrading the Jumpoint.
- Resolved an issue where reps could transfer sessions after the customer had left.
- Resolved an issue where transferring files could either fail or result in an error message stating, “Internal error getting directory listing.”
- Added a warning window that appears when the Representative Console is run before it finishes upgrading. The Representative Console also automatically restarts after upgrading on Windows Vista + operating systems.
- Resolved an issue where the “...is typing” message was not showing in the Representative Console when the customer typed the first message.
- Resolved an issue where keyboard input accidentally went to the incoming session alerts window when a new session appeared.
- Resolved an issue where the Jump Client Management buttons were not disabling properly after removing a password-protected Jump Client.
- Resolved an issue where Public Portals with session keys disabled are still listed in the Representative Console’s Generate Session Key drop-down menu.
- Resolved an issue where the command line (—push) and context menu Jump sessions were not connecting properly.
- Resolved an issue where the Jump To window was not allowing reps to interact with the rest of the Representative Console while it was opened.
- Resolved an issue where Ctrl-Alt-Shift- key combinations not working correctly through screen sharing.
- Resolved an issue with sending the right-shift key through screen sharing.
- Resolved an issue where Jump To sessions considered an authenticating proxy as a valid path to the appliance.
- Resolved an issue where the Mac Representative Console could cut off part of the screen sharing viewing area.
- Resolved an issue where only admin Reps were able to deploy Bomgar Buttons to the General Queue.
- Resolved an issue where Embassy users could not deploy Bomgar Buttons to teams.
- Resolved an issue where the Bomgar Button Management’s search preferences were not being preserved after closing the window.
- The Bomgar Dock icon for the Customer Client no longer bounces for notifications; the Customer Client window is now brought to the foreground instead.
- Resolved an issue where Linux customers sending files to Linux reps could create unexpected behavior.
There is a known issue with generating a session key from the Rep Console where the seven-digit key may not show up (affects standard licenses only). The issue occurs when generating a session key from the “Support -> Generate Session Key” menu option or when clicking the “Session Key Quick Start” button. Reps can still generate session keys by using the generic “Quick Start” button.