- This version of Bomgar has been certified for physical appliance Base software versions 3.2.2 and later.
- For virtual appliances, this version of Bomgar has been certified for base software version 3.2.3 and later.
- Customers using the Bomgar API need to verify the data type used by the LSID field within their code and/or databases. The LSID field has changed to a string data type (previously integer) to guarantee uniqueness in complex environments. If you are not currently using the Bomgar API, you may safely ignore this requirement. For more information, contact Bomgar Support.
- Note that the API version has been incremented to 1.5.0 with this release
- Administrative Interface
- Standard license customers can now deploy Bomgar Buttons through a BES server.
- Jump Clients now uninstall themselves after 180 days (increased from 30 days) of being disconnected from the appliance.
- Bomgar Buttons for Windows Mobile are now customizable.
- Application sharing is now available in the Mac Rep Console during Presentations and when using Show My Screen.
- When using Shell Jump, the last-used Jumpoint is now displayed first in the list.
- When editing a Bomgar Button, the dialog now shows a preview of the selected Bomgar Button icon and title.
- When supporting mobile devices, reps can now use the Scale-To-Fit option during screen sharing for easier viewing.
- When reps use Presentation or Show My Screen, the customer’s viewer now defaults to maximized.
- Click-To-Chat sounds are now easier to hear, and the displayed text is now formatted to match the full Customer Client.
- Application sharing now has buttons for selecting all and clearing all applications when the screen sharing session begins.
- The Bomgar product logos and graphics have updated to reflect the corporate branding, most prominently in the system tray icons.
With thanks to our Early Adopters, the following features and resolved issues have also been included in this release. In addition, all of the recent features, enhancements, and issues resolved in our 10.5.3 release (except translations) are included in Bomgar 10.6.2.
- Administrative Interface
- The filter header on the reporting page now says, “All Sessions” if the “Include Only Completed Sessions” option is unchecked
- Resolved an issue where searching Exit Survey reports by Session ID would return results for the session even if the session did not have an exit survey
- Resolved an issue where reports would ignore filtering rules when results spanned multiple pages
- Resolved an issue where reporting data could be displayed incorrectly after upgrading from 10.3.x to 10.4.11 or 10.5.x
- Resolved an issue where sites with large amounts of reporting data would only partially upgrade due to low disk during the upgrade; an error message now appears if the backup cannot be completed, and the upgrade will stop
- Resolved an issue where support and presentation sessions could use the same sequence numbers
- Resolved an issue with the wrong error message being displayed if an invalid backup file password was used
- Resolved an issue where localized, user-customizable fields were not logging to syslog correctly
- Resolved an issue where the team name was missing from some reporting results
- Resolved an issue where multiple session details could display when there were results with the same session ID
- Resolved an issue with reporting data integrity after upgrading a site that was in a failover relationship
- Resolved a display issue where Exit Survey answers showed a literal “\n” in reports
- Resolved an issue where some reporting API responses were not validating against the schema
- Resolved an issue where reporting GUIDs could be interpreted as LSIDs
- Resolved an issue where data syncs from the primary to the backup were not honoring configured bandwidth limits
- Resolved an issue where interrupted data syncs could corrupt files being synced
- Resolved an issue where error messages would appear in the status history whenever a manual failover was attempted
- Resolved an issue where failover alert emails were being sent out daily when configured for weekly (Note: if the sync interval is increased, alerts will still be sent early until an actual data sync occurs, so it is recommended to manually sync after changing the interval)
- Resolved an issue where a 704 failover message could occur when a very large amount of reporting data was synced
- Resolved an issue where session recording links sometimes did not display on the exit survey page. If recordings are enabled, the links now appear whether the session is over or not.
- Resolved an issue where removing all users from a Jumpoint appeared to be successful but the changes were not actually made
- Resolved an issue on the User Accounts page where the column header’s sorting arrows were pointing the wrong way
- Resolved an issue where the File Transfer tool could overwrite files without prompting if multiple files were selected to be transferred
- Resolved an issue Jump Clients status could inaccurately show as “Session Started” in the Rep Console listing when rebooted into Safe Mode
- Resolved an issue where the text on the Generate Session Key window did not follow the Public Site configuration options
- Resolved an issue where drive usage was being displayed incorrectly in System Information when supporting a remote Mac
- Resolved an issue where the EULA appeared in the background after upgrading a Mac Rep Console
- Resolved an issue where using the File Transfer tool with a 64-bit OS was not always prompting before overwriting a transferred file
- The “Up Directory” button is now available when reps navigate to a disallowed directory
- Resolved an issue where a rep could not remove Bomgar Buttons if they were not an admin
- Resolved an issue where the Edit and Revoke buttons were not disabling after revoking a set of Bomgar Buttons
- Resolved an issue where the rep’s mouse scroll wheel was not working properly during screen sharing sessions
- Resolved an issue where canned script resource files could be left behind on the customer machine after a support session
- The “Reps In Session” dialog (prior to Jumping) has been improved to better display the appropriate text
- Resolved an issue where the Rep Console’s tabs could disappear if a session was ended while in full screen mode
- Resolved an issue where chat messages for Access Sponsor elevation attempts could be sent to the wrong Rep
- Resolved an issue where Presentation email invitations were not displaying the correct time and date values
- Resolved an issue where a monitoring rep’s view was off by a few pixels when the monitored rep was running on Linux
- Resolved an issue where BlackBerry overlays that are larger than the screen sharing viewing area were not updating when using the scroll bars
- Resolved an issue where the wrong message was displayed when removing a Jump Client
- The Linux Rep Console’s desktop shortcut is now marked as executable after being installed (Note that the Rep Console installer will still need to be marked as executable before it can run)
- Resolved an issue where Jump Clients could “kick” the console session during RDP sessions
- Resolved an issue that prevented PPC-based Macs from joining Presentations
- Resolved an issue where the Customer and Presentation Clients would not return to their original size and location after a Rep stops presenting their screen
- Resolved an issue with the post-session dialog not appearing on Vista+ systems on completing an elevated session
- Resolved an issue where Jump Clients could not upgrading properly when a file named “Documents” existed in the root directory
- The Customer Client window now comes to the foreground when notifications are received, rather than bouncing the dock icon
- Resolved an issue where, under certain conditions, the Customer Client would display a “duplicate connection” error followed by a 2.6gws error while trying to connect to the appliance
- Resolved an issue where the Customer Client could stay unconditionally minimized
- Resolved an issue where the “Actual Size” toolbar button on the Presentation Client was displaying the wrong image
- Resolved an issue where the time format in the “Last message received” messages were not matching the time format in the Click-To-Chat window
- Resolved an issue with using resource files in canned scripts while elevated
- Resolved an issue where, in poor network conditions, a Jumpoint could lock up when attempting to connect to the appliance
- Resolved an issue where attempting to jump via Jumpoint could cause a “cannot create thread” error under certain conditions
- Resolved an issue where adding or updating SSH host keys through the Jumpoint Configuration window was not working properly
- Features with an asterisk (*) require an Enterprise license
- (^) See our 3.2.2 & 3.2.3 release notes for details
- Non-English translations for Bomgar 10.6 will be available in an upcoming maintenance release. If you need to provide remote support in a language other than English, ask our support team about Bomgar 10.5.3, our latest translated release.