Bomgar 10.5.2 is a full maintenance release with some great new features and enhancements. All of the details for this release are shown below, but don’t miss our What’s New in Bomgar 10.5.2 guide for a more visual review.
Please note that if you are currently running an earlier major version of Bomgar, such as 10.3.x or 10.4.x, be sure to contact our Support team today to discuss any prerequisites that you may need to meet prior to upgrading.
Requirements for 10.5.2:
[UPDATED August 10, 2010 - added VA requirements]
- This version of Bomgar has been certified for use with all physical and virtual Bomgar appliances (B100, B200, B300 & B400, VA)
- Physical appliances require base software version 3.1.10 or later before installing Bomgar 10.5.2
- Virtual appliances require base software version 3.1.11 or later before installing Bomgar 10.5.2
New Features and Enhancements:
- Administrative Interface
- Resolved an issue where the Bomgar Button mass deployment wizard produced an error stating, “The given public portal address is not valid for the selected portal.” This was reported in the 10.5.1 release notes as a known issue.
- The default answer and prompt timeout settings for Rep Invite profiles can now be set for unattended sessions
- Resolved an issue where 10.4.x session recordings were not being converted to the FLV format correctly
- Resolved an issue where Rep Exit Survey responses were not being reported correctly when using multiple radio buttons
- Resolved an issue where Command Shell recordings were sometimes hard to read
- Failover history is no longer cleared when a failover relationship is broken
- Resolved an issue where a shared IP address was not being enabled when performing a manual Failover with the “Check this box to pull a data-sync” option selected
- When a backup site becomes a primary, all new recording IDs will be bumped up by a minimum of 100,000 to prevent the chance of duplicating IDs
- Admins can now specify an increment value for recording IDs to help avoid duplicates during a failover event
- Resolved an issue with viewing presentations if the presentation was not listed on the first page of the Presentation Report
- Resolved an issue where changes to the “Show public site hostname in window title” and the “Default Language” options were not displayed correctly in the Syslog
- Resolved an issue where moving or removing a Jump Client from a group or team could temporarily prevent that group or team from expanding
- Resolved an issue where the Elevate notification bar would not disappear after elevating via the Elevate toolbar button
- Resolved an issue with displaying “Professional” as part of the operating system information under the chat window when in a Windows 7 Professional customer session
- Resolved an issue where a Jump Client could be listed as “Available” when it was actually in session
- The System Info tab now displays “Unavailable” if the process list cannot be displayed; in most cases, this is due to the Windows performance counters database being corrupted which can be corrected with the “lodctr /R” command
- Resolved an issue where the Rep Console could become unresponsive when accessing a remote folder with a very large number of files in it
- Resolved an issue where remote Alt- combinations were not sending correctly
- Resolved an issue where the Windows Updates timestamps listed in the System Information tab were not displayed correctly
- Resolved an issue where the Jump Client uptime could display incorrectly
- Resolved an issue with the Rep Console not exiting properly if the Rep logged in from another computer
- Reverted Ctrl-Click sending Right-Click through screen sharing when providing support from a Mac
- Resolved an issue where reps were able to remove Bomgar Buttons deployed to teams that they were not members of
- Resolved an issue where the keys for the BlackBerry Bold (9650) simulator image were not functional
- Resolved an issue where the back key for the BlackBerry Curve (9100) simulator image was not functional
- Resolved an issue where mobile device simulator images were not showing up in the Linux Rep Console
- Resolved an issue where Bomgar Buttons deployed to a BlackBerry device would fail if site redirection was enabled. This was reported in the 10.5.1 release notes as a known issue.
- Resolved an issue where Bomgar Button icons using a transparent background were not displaying correctly
- Resolved an issue where non-administrators could not deploy Bomgar Buttons to teams
- Resolved an issue where Bomgar Buttons that were mass deployed behind a proxy were not able to connect
- Resolved an issue where Jump Clients could fail to run elevated when allowed to do so
- Resolved an issue where running a Jump Client Mass Deploy installer on a Windows Server 2003 system through RDP was not working correctly
- Resolved an issue with Jump Clients failing to upgrade on Windows Server 2003 if an RDP session was open with the console.
- Resolved an issue where the “shell jump” directory was not being removed when its Jumpoint was uninstalled
- Resolved an issue where installing multiple Bomgar Buttons on a Mac could generate a false error message
- The size of the Customer Client Agreement window was increased for better viewing
- Resolved an issue where Linux customers were unable to open files sent via chat
- Resolved an issue where the visual alert for session activity was not displaying correctly
- Resolved an issue where rebooting into safe mode while running a 32-bit Customer Client on a 64-bit operating system was not working correctly
- Resolved an issue where a customized uninstall message would appear in the browser correctly but not in the Customer Client window
- Resolved an issue where Customer Clients would not detect proxy settings on 64-bit versions of Windows if proxy settings were set in Firefox and missing in Internet Explorer
[UPDATED August 9, 2010]
The following known issues are currently being addressed and should be resolved in an upcoming maintenance release. Our support team is available to discuss any questions you may have regarding these issues.
- For customers using Group Policies, a known issue exists in 10.5.2 which can prevent users from authenticating to the appliance. To resolve this, we recommend logging into the administrative interface (/login) after upgrading to 10.5.2, editing each existing Group Policy and simply clicking the Save Policy button for each.
- Bomgar Buttons may not show up on desktops with a color depth set to 16-bit. Consider increasing the color depth of the remote machine or selecting the “Deploy a shortcut to the menu” option when editing a Bomgar Button profile.