Bomgar 10.4.8 is the first release of the 10.4 series to include translations! This release also brings several new enhancements and as well as a list of resolved issues. Be sure to note the one known issue below that we are currently working to resolve in an upcoming release.
Please note: If you are currently running an earlier major version of Bomgar, such as 10.2.x or 10.3.x, please be sure to contact our Support team today to discuss any prerequisites that you may need to meet prior to upgrading.
Requirements for 10.4.8:
- This version of Bomgar has been certified for use with all Bomgar appliances, physical and virtual
- Physical appliances (Bomgar B100, B200, B300 and B400) require appliance base software versions 3.1.6 or later
- Virtual appliances require appliance base software version 3.1.7 or later
New Features and Enhancements:
- The “get_logged_in_reps” API command now returns the new “/api/session_start.ns” link in the “direct_link” element
- When using Shell Jump, the intermediate window (while the list of Jumpoints are being compiled) has been changed to an hourglass cursor
- The Command Shell font size has been improved for use on Linux and Mac
- Improved the way the “Session Key Generated” dialog opens when launched by the “Invite External Representative”
- Language support has been added to the 10.4 series
- Chinese (Simplified)
- Portuguese (Brazil)
- Spanish (Latin America)
- Rep Console
- Resolved an issue where the Rep Console could have problems running on Windows systems with a 16-bit Color Depth and the Brushed Steel theme was used
- Resolved an issue with exiting a command shell while a file transfer is in progress
- Resolved an issue where the Rep Console on a Mac could launch as a limited “Rep Invite” Console (i.e., the login prompt remembers a previous Session Key) instead of a full Rep Console
- Resolved an issue where the scheduled time in a presentation email invite included a ‘seconds’ value as part of the timestamp. This has been removed.
- Corrected a typographical error for “best performance” in the Rep Console
- Resolved an issue where non-elevated Jump Clients could be unable to determine the correct system uptime. When this happens, the Rep Console now shows system uptime as “Unavailable”.
- Click-to-Chat and Mobile clients now show an IP address value of 0.0.0.0 as they do not have access to the actual IP address of the remote system
- Resolved an issue with deleted users not being removed from the “Policy Users” box under group policies
- Resolved an issue with determining which language to display when a browser is improperly configured
- Corrected a typographical error on the user account permissions page in regard to the “When jumping, answer prompts after” setting
- Resolved an issue where downloading the customer client in Chrome was not working correctly
- Resolved an issue where an external key associated with a session key via the API could be excluded from outbound events
- Resolved an issue where attendees were able to join expired presentations
- Resolved an issue where the “Download the Bomgar Support Customer Client” link was not fully displayed in Click-to-Chat in Windows 7
- Resolved an issue where Windows 2000 Jump Clients could fail to reconnect when pinned in user mode
- Resolved a few issues with Linux Customer Clients when Show My Screen was used
There is a known issue regarding the use of Bomgar 10.4.8 with Windows NT 4. This combination is NOT recommended. We are currently pursuing a working solution to this issue. In the meantime, if you have a large number of mission- or production-critical NT 4 machines that require remote support, it is recommended that you wait for an upcoming Bomgar release.