Bomgar 10.4.11 is a full maintenance release that includes a list of resolved issues and enhancements. As always, we appreciate your input as it clearly helps us to make Bomgar the best remote support tool around!
Please note that if you are currently running an earlier major version of Bomgar, such as 10.2.x or 10.3.x, be sure to contact our Support team today to discuss any prerequisites that you may need to meet prior to upgrading. If you have already made the switch to Bomgar 10.5, then click here to read more about our latest version.
Requirements for 10.4.11
- This version of Bomgar has been certified for use with all physical Bomgar appliances (B100, B200, B300 & B400)
- Physical appliances require base software version 3.1.6 or later before installing Bomgar 10.4.11
New Features and Enhancements
- Several optimizations to the upgrade process have been implemented, reducing the amount of time needed when upgrading. Note that these optimizations will be noticed after upgrading to 10.4.11.
- The API for the Bomgar 10.4 series has been incremented to 1.3.3
- Web Interface
- Resolved an issue with viewing Presentation reports for Presentations that were not listed on the first page of the report
- Resolved an issue where multiple teams could be marked as primary in a single support session
- Resolved an issue where duplicate sessions could show in downloaded support session reports
- Resolved an issue where sessions that contained a large number of file transfer events may not be listed in the reports
- Resolved an issue with the Public Portal not being displayed when the session key confirmation page was displayed. Note that this only affected Chrome and Internet Explorer over HTTPS. The Public Portal will now load in a new tab (Chrome) or in the existing window (IE).
- The amount by which the session IDs are increased during a failover event can now be configured on the /login -> Management -> Failover page
- Failover history is no longer cleared whenever a failover relationship is broken
- Resolved an issue where a shared IP address was not being enabled when performing a manual Failover with the “Check this box to pull a data-sync” option selected
- When a backup site becomes a primary, all new recording IDs will be bumped up by a minimum of 100,000 to prevent the chance of duplicating IDs
- Modified the highlighting of various “Required” fields to be more consistent throughout the website
- Resolved an issue where an LDAP user’s Administrator status could be removed if it was granted through a Group Policy configured against a User Security Provider
- Resolved an issue where the “close” link that is displayed after submitting a session key was not working properly with Chrome
- Resolved an issue where HTML tags were not always sent through Click-to-Chat sessions
- Resolved an issue where Click-to-Chat and Mobile timestamps did not match
- Resolved an issue where “Professional” was not showing as part of the OS information under the chat window when supporting a Windows 7 Professional customer
- Resolved an issue where the Rep Console was not closing properly on a Mac if the support rep logged in on another computer
- Resolved an issue with Requesting login credentials not saving in NT4. Note that the following Microsoft file is required for Reboot with Credentials to work on NT4: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=3d1fbaed-d122-45cf-9d46-1cae384097ac&displaylang=en
- Resolved an issue where screen sharing would stop if the Reverse Connect button was pressed and the session was in full screen mode
- Removed several “What’s This?” buttons from various Rep Console dialogs
- Resolved an issue where the Rep Console could not exit full screen mode after the Customer Client was uninstalled
- Resolved an issue where copy/paste through screen sharing to some applications (e.g. Delphi, NetBeans) was not working correctly. Note that larger amounts of data (>1,024 bytes) could still exhibit the issue.
- Resolved an issue with sending a backspace via Command Shell when supporting Windows NT4
- Resolved an issue where the Elevate notification bar would not disappear after elevating via the Elevate toolbar button
- Reverted Ctrl-Click sending Right-Click through screen sharing when providing support from a Mac
- Resolved an issue where exiting a Mac Jump Client session with a Command Shell still open could cause the next session with that Jump Client to hang
- Linux Rep Consoles now exit full screen mode when an Equilibrium Session Assignment is received
- Resolved an issue with copy and paste not working correctly with Linux
- Resolved an issue where certain Control Panel applications could prevent the Customer Client from running properly. Note that when one of these Control Panel applications is encountered it will not be enumerated in the Special Actions shortcuts.
- Resolved an issue where the Privacy Screen was not properly displaying translated text
- Resolved an issue where the Customer Client could leave files behind after ending a session on Vista or later
- Resolved an issue where rebooting into safe mode while running a 32-bit Customer Client on a 64-bit operating system was not working correctly
- Resolved an issue with Jump Clients failing to upgrade on Windows Server 2003 if an RDP session was open with the console.
- Resolved an issue where running a Jump Client Mass Deploy installer on a Windows Server 2003 system through RDP was not working correctly
- Resolved an issue where the Jumpoint and Shell Jump directories were not being removed after a Jumpoint was uninstalled
- Resolved an issue where Customer Clients could cause errors when trying to save or send files via the Send File button
- Resolved an issue where the MSI “INSTALLDIR” argument was not being honored correctly
- Resolved an issue where Customer Clients would not detect proxy settings on 64-bit versions of Windows if proxy settings were set in Firefox and missing in Internet Explorer