We are pleased to announce the release of Bomgar 10.4, our second major release of 2009. This release introduces a few new features such as Rep Invite, Equilibrium and Shell Jump, as well as a long list of enhancements to existing Bomgar features.
The highlights of this release are listed below. To learn more and to request your upgrade, visit the Bomgar Support portal.
Requirements for 10.4:
- This version of Bomgar has been certified for appliance base software versions 3.1.2 and later
- For virtual appliances, this version of Bomgar has been certified for appliance base software 3.1.1 and later
New Features and Enhancements:
But wait - there’s more!
With special thanks to our Early Adopters for their help, we’re also pleased to announce the following features, enhancements, and resolved issues that were spotted early enough to be included in 10.4.1 as well as changes that were incorporated into version 10.3.6!
- Administrative Interface
- Enhanced Clipboard Controls now allow synchronizing between the Rep’s and Customer’s clipboards. A new setting is located under the Management -> Security page labeled “Clipboard Synchronization Mode”.
- Administrators can now configure how long logging information and session recordings are stored on the appliance; this new setting is located on the Management -> Security page
- A Back button has been added to the add/edit embassy page for better navigation
- The Rep Console now inherits high contrast themes from the operating system
- New image overlays have been added for the BlackBerry Tour and BlackBerry Curve, giving a more accurate support view to the support representative
- New default skins for unknown BlackBerry and Windows Mobile devices have been added, emulating the basic hardware buttons
- Several updates to the File Transfer interface have been added
- When viewing System Information on a remote Windows machine, the MAC addresses are now included
- Now the shell window can be resized after the session is connected
- The Close / Disconnect Session window is now more user-friendly
- If a Bomgar Button has any problems connecting to the appliance, now the Support Portal is opened.
- Elevation requests in Click to Chat sessions are now inline with the chat text rather than above the chat area
- Now the Click-to-Chat client can be downloaded via the API
- Added “rep_username:<username>” support to the queue_id parameter to Command API’s generate_session_key action. This allows a session key to be generated for a rep’s queue via the API by providing the rep’s username.
- The API version has been incremented to 1.3.2 with this release
- Features with an asterisk (*) require an Enterprise license.
- Non-English translations for Bomgar 10.4 will be available in an upcoming maintenance release. If you need to provide remote support in a language other than English, ask our support team about Bomgar 10.3.6, our latest translated release.