Bomgar is pleased to announce its latest maintenance release for version 10.3. This is the first release of 10.3 to include full translations. This release also includes many new features and enhancements, as well resolutions to several issues reported by you. If you have been waiting to upgrade to our latest version until translations, let our Support team know today so that they can get you updated as quickly as possible.
Note that if you are currently running a previous major version of Bomgar, such as 10.1.x, please be sure to contact our Support team today to discuss any prerequisites that you may need to meet prior to upgrading.
New Features and Enhancements:
- Bomgar 10.3 translations are now available for the following languages: Chinese (simplified), Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese (Brazilian & European), Spanish (Latin American and European)
- Enhanced Clipboard Controls now allow synchronizing between the Rep’s and Customer’s clipboards. A new setting is located under the Management -> Security page labeled “Clipboard Synchronization Mode” with the following options:
- Not Allowed - clipboard synchronization will not occur
- Allowed to Manually Send Clipboard From Rep to Customer - a single button in rep console will appear giving the rep this permission
- Allowed to Manually Send Clipboard in Either Direction - a button with a dropdown showing these two options will appear giving the rep this permission
- Automatically Send Clipboard Changes in Both Directions - clipboard synchronization occurs automatically, and the support rep sees no difference from older versions (default)
- Administrators can now configure how long logging information and session recordings are stored on the appliance; this new setting is located on the Management -> Security page
- The Rep Console now inherits high contrast themes from the operating system
- New image overlays have been added for the BlackBerry Tour and BlackBerry Curve, giving a more accurate support view to the support representative
- New default skins for unknown BlackBerry and Windows Mobile devices have been added, emulating the basic hardware buttons
- Several updates to the File Transfer interface have been added:
- Added the ability to view the history of files transferred during a session via the File Transfer tool. Previously, only the source & destination locations were displayed.
- The Start/Resume button has been renamed to Start
- The Clear button was renamed to “Clear Completed”
- The tool’s buttons now enable & disable depending on the current selection
- The Cancel button now works with multiple selected items
- When closing a session after transferring it to a team, reps are no longer prompted to disconnect the customer.
- If a Bomgar Button has any problems connecting to the appliance, now the Support Portal is opened.
- Elevation requests in Click to Chat sessions are now inline with the chat text rather than above the chat area
- The API version has been updated to 1.2.2
- Added “rep_username:<username>” support to the queue_id parameter to Command API’s generate_session_key action. This allows a session key to be generated for a rep’s queue via the API by providing the rep’s username.
- Administrative Interface
- Resolved an issue with the Support Portal always defaulting to “Other Issue”. The default has now changed to “Please choose an issue”
- Resolved an issue with some checkboxes not saving correctly on the Failover page
- Resolved an issue with the default settings for public site sections; the defaults are now set to “Public Site and API” instead of “Disabled”
- Resolved an issue with deleting all exit survey questions causing errors to be displayed on the Support Portal
- Resolved an issue with some Support Portal customizations not saving correctly.
- Resolved an issue where disabling session keys on the Support Portal also disabled Presentation links
- Resolved an issue with Chat Message events not having a <destination> element
- Resolved an issue with generating a session key for a Rep, Team, or Embassy that does not exist; now an error message is displayed
- Resolved an issue with taking a session that you previously transferred to a team queue.
- Resolved an issue where the System Information’s Network Description could display invalid characters
- Resolved an issue with session keys being generated with incorrect expiration dates
- Resolved an issue with Command Shells behaving abnormally when large buffers were used
- Resolved an issue where saving a Command Shell history could truncate the history
- Resolved an issue where the Rep Console could become unstable when saving a Command Shell’s history
- Resolved an issue where the Mac’s menu bar and the Rep Console’s screen sharing controls would conflict when supporting a Mac in full screen mode
- Resolved an issue where the Bomgar menu could be missing in Snow Leopard
- Resolved an issue where the virtual pointer could cause a Linux customer’s screen to flicker
- Resolved an issue where Click to Chat was not always notifying customers when Flash needed to be upgraded
- Resolved an issue where an earlier Push URL chat message could open another browser window after elevating Click to Chat to the full Customer Client
- Resolved an issue with deploying a Bomgar Button immediately after logging into a machine
- Resolved an issue where Jump Clients could take longer than expected to come back online after being disconnected for an extended period of time
- Resolved an issue where Jump Clients could take longer than expected to uninstall or disable
- Resolved an issue where Jump Clients were not listing publisher information in Add/Remove Programs correctly
- Resolved an issue with deploying Jump Clients through RDP sessions on Windows XP; now the RDP session will close and allow the Jump Client to finish deployment
- Resolved an issue with starting new sessions on Windows Mobile if the previous session did not uninstall properly
- Resolved an issue with deploying Bomgar Buttons on Windows Mobile devices
- Resolved an issue with mobile Internet Explorer being detected as a desktop operating system
- Resolved an issue where the TTL values on the Jumpoint configuration tab were not being saved correctly
- Resolved an issue with the Customer Client download not starting if Internet Explorer’s popup blocker settings were set to “high”
- Resolved an issue where session recording URLs could stop working after a site upgrade
- Resolved an issue with several Syslog messages not logging properly
- Resolved an issue where Embassy users could show up in the sharing list for the General queue
- Resolved an issue with long Customer Agreements causing the Customer Agreement window to become too wide
- Resolved an issue with some clients not being able to detect the install path correctly after upgrading
- Resolved an issue with enumerating the Control Panel which could cause the Customer Client to hang
- Resolved an issue with the Mac presentation client where maximizing the screen and setting the display mode to “Actual Size” would show a grey screen
- An error message is now displayed when attempting to run a Presentation on non-supported operating systems