This maintenance release was so big that we almost named it 10.2! We are thrilled to announce the latest version of Bomgar which now includes full support for Windows Mobile 5 and 6 as well as a long list of enhancements and tweaks to our existing features.
As always, feel free to forward to your comments and suggestions to email@example.com as this is where a lot of the newness of this release came from - thank you for your time and input!
- Windows Mobile Smartphone Support (Windows Mobile 5.0 for Smartphone and Windows Mobile 6)
- Updated the API Programmer’s Guide.
- Added XSD for command API XML
- Added the API version to the Status page of the /login interface
- Added support for specifying multiple LSIDS when downloading a SupportSession report
- Added new reporting API commands to download support session recordings, presentation recordings, and support session summary listings
- Added new command API action to get API information
- Added “type” attribute to the “destination” element in team activity reports to match the session reports
- Added XML header to the team activity report
- Deprecated all of the reporting parameters to remove references to legacy products (e.g. “support_desk” to “support”). The old versions are currently valid but will be phased out & should be avoided.
- Renamed elements to in team activity XML to prevent conflicts with session reports
- Renamed elements to
- Mac representatives can now grant control to customers when using Show My Screen
- Mac customer client now reports (via chat message) when a session is pinned
- Mac representative client now checks the Operating System version before installing. Bomgar supports OS X 10.4 and up.
- The Mac Customer client’s dock icon will bounce when the Customer client window does not have focus and prompts are received.
- Linux & Mac rep clients now support Kerberos single sign on
- Privacy screen notifications and button changes are now sent to all Reps viewing a session.
- Added a warning display that appears when attempting to Jump to a computer that is already being accessed by a representative
- Customer clients now display a message if the connection to the Bomgar Box is lost
- The application-specific sharing dialog now preserves the list of shared applications
- Failover history now shows the status of the last 100 data-syncs
- Added a setting to the Jump client configuration page that specifies the number of Jump clients allowed to upgrade simultaneously
- Added the “Command Shell Recordings” plug-in operation to the Integration Client and File System plug-in
- Added the “Support Site Backup” plug-in operation to the Integration Client and File System plug-in
- Added support for downloading sessions in groups using the SupportSessionListing. The Bomgar site must have API version 1.0.0 or higher.
- The SQL Server plug-in now skips sessions without an end_time. Any session without an end_time is assumed to be in progress.
- Reports for deleted users are now shown
- Orphaned sessions are now shown in the Session Reports
- Team activity reports in the Reporting API now correctly escape binary data in chat
- Team activity reports now show an element if an error occurred for a request
- Resolved issue where passing in “PresentationSession”, “PresentationDesk”, “PresentationDeskSummary”, or “PresentationSummary” for the generate_report parameter in the Reporting API would cause a blank page to be displayed
- Duplicate representative display names in all Reports->Support drop-downs will now have their usernames appended to the display name to help provide a more unique (but not guaranteed to be unique) user entry
- All dates/times now use ISO 8601 formats instead of localized dates and times
- Chat messages containing invalid XML characters (binary data) are now base64 encoded
- Kerberos keytab changes are now reported to the Syslog
- Improved cluster security provider error messages for clarity
- Resolved an issue with Group Policies that occurred when adding new members to a policy
- Issues with editing LDAP Group Providers and defining success/failure/lookup have been resolved
- Resolved an issue with language pack installation. New install package languages override older installs on the language selection lists of the website and representative client.
- Resolved session recording cropping issue which occurred when changing the customer’s screen size to greater than the initial size during screen sharing
- Scheduler log messages now use the local computer’s culture settings to ensure correct log message timestamp format
- Resolved an issue with timestamps not converting correctly
- Resolved an issue with Jump clients on Mac OS X 10.5 waiting for an answered prompt prior to reconnecting
- Resolved an issue with uninstalled Jump clients still showing in the Rep client
- Jumpoints now support jumping to a computer with non-ASCII characters in the computer name
- Resolved an issue with Jump clients displayed in the representative client
- Resolved an issue with Jump clients not upgrading properly if multiple Jump clients were installed on a Windows computer
- Resolved an issue with Jump client status showing “Session Started” if the session was ended while in Safe Mode
- Resolved an issue with Presentation start and end times being off by one minute
- Resolved an issue that occurred when leaving full-screen mode that hid the rep’s tool bar
- The Mac customer client can now be downloaded and run at a later time
- Resolved a black screen issue that occurred when silently monitoring a Mac representative
- Resolved an issue with the Caps Lock key not being sent when connected to a Mac customer
- Resolved an issue with automatically pulling Mac system info
- Resolved an issue with the dock icon not showing when jumping to a recently pinned session
- Application-specific sharing controls are now hidden during Presentations
- Resolved an issue with the remote mouse cursor display on Linux customer clients
- Resolved a Linux clipboard issue when trying to copy & paste large amounts of data
- Resolved an issue with the customer client hanging when remote shell was used
- Resolved an issue with the shift key not releasing
- Resolved an issue with the Caps Lock key not functioning when connected to a Linux customer
- Application-specific sharing controls are now hidden during Presentations
- Resolved an issue with Show My Screen keyboard control
- Resolved several issues related to initiating Show My Screen
- Resolved an issue in the Special Actions menu where custom Control Panel applications could cause the customer client to hang
- Resolved canned message display issue in the representative client
- Resolved an issue with the Privacy Screen text not being centered across multiple monitors
- Resolved an issue with flickering cursors on Windows XP while running in safe mode
- Resolved an issue with network paths not resolving correctly in the File Transfer tab
- Resolved an issue with modifier keys (shift, ctrl, etc) being randomly issued while typing through screen sharing
- Resolved an issue where the personal queue visual notification would continue to flash if private queue prompting was enabled
- The “Prompt when new customer enters the personal queue” permission now only prompts reps on new sessions, not when sessions are transferred or taken over.
- When a transferring a session, reps no longer see themselves in the list of destinations
- Mac to Mac Presentation Client will not function properly when the “Display Attendee Agreement Before Session” option is enabled
- Several time zones were deprecated in 10.1.3, so upgrading from 10.1.x may require time zone reconfiguration.