Today marks the official release of the much-anticipated Bomgar 10.0! It’s been almost three whole months since the last update to this blog, but we think that the wait was worth it. Below is a list of the new features and enhancements that are included in this release.
Ready to get it? Go ahead & jump into the queue to request your upgrade today!
New Features and Enhancements:
- Full Vista support is now available.
- Linux support is now available for the following:
- Representative Client support on SUSE Enterprise Desktop.
- Customer Client support on SUSE Enterprise Desktop, Red Hat, Fedora, and Ubuntu.
Windows Mobile Customer Client support is now availble fo the following:
- Windows Mobile 5 for Pocket PC and on Pocket PC Phone Edition
- Windows Mobile 6 Classic and Professional
- Jumpoint is now a production feature.
- Jump client functionality added for increased access to unattended remote systems.
- Pin an active session as a JumpTM client for later access, even without the end-user’s interaction.
- Mass Deploy JumpTM clients for access to groups of remote systems later without needing interactions of remote system users.
- Group and sort your JumpTM clients from the Representative Client.
- Create JumpTM clients on all supported Windows, Mac, and Linux operating systems (Win Mobile is not currently supported).
- Control how often your JumpTM clients send updates back to your site.
- Customers can now select which applications a representative may view or control.
- Representatives can select the applications they wish to show to the remote user when using the Show My Screen feature.
- Representatives can now select specific applications that they want to share in a presentation.
Remote Command Shell
- This feature is no longer an experimental feature and works with all supported versions of Windows, Mac, and Linux (Win Mobile is not supported).
- Remote Command Prompt sessions are also recorded in FLV format and are accessible via reporting.
- Show My Screen (previously known as Reverse Connect): representatives now have the ability to grant control of their system to the remote system user.
- The Rep Client installation now allows a selection to install for “current user” or for “all users”.
- File Transfer now has friendly status messages.
- Screen Sharing performance improvements have been added.
Rep Client GUI improvements include:
- Screen sharing real estate has been increased by optimizing all margins and borders.
- Additional Quick Buttons have been added for “JumpTM to…”, Session Key Generation, and Presentation.
- The Push URL feature in the chat control has been improved.
Special Action Enhancements
- Registry Editor has been added to the menu
- Event Viewer has been added to the menu.
- Control Panel with a fly-out menu containing the available control panel applets has been added.
System Information Enhancements
- The memory section now shows information about the customer’s memory usage. This information refreshes every 10 seconds.
- The default browser name of the remote system is now available with this feature.
- The video driver name and version information has also been added to this feature.
- Reporting Enhancements - new reporting filters have been added to enable additional reports.
Security Provider Enhancements
- Clustering Security Providers
- Allows customers to group providers which provide the same information (e.g. Users, Groups, etc.) into a logical group which functions as a cluster.
- Load balanced.
- Drag and Drop support for priority adjustments in Security Providers and Group Policies.
- Group Policies/Security Providers settings are now viewable from the same page you adjust their priorities.
- When debugging an LDAP Security Provider, output from the OpenLDAP libraries is provided to assist in diagnosing the problem. This is not limited to just the OpenLDAP stores.
- Team Communication Management - the General Queue can be disabled with this feature. This will improve the manageability of a site with higher number of Bomgar licenses.
- API Extraction Tool (Database Integration Tool)
Note: Security Patch 3 is required.